Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Correction to my previous statement. A jig could be made with the ebay manifold and MRX adapter together, then the Vband could be welded in it's place for correct spacing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am surprised with all the new offerings coming out that no one has made an effort at a twin-scroll set up. I've seen how much they can cut spool times on an equal sized turbo frame.
I am hoping that by the time I am ready for a turbo upgrade, someone will have a fully developed/tuned twin scroll kit available. ;)

I don't feel like changing out turbos like I change my socks, as some on here seem compelled to do (although if they have the; time, coin, experimental curiosity, and motivational 'gumption' to do so, ALL the more power to them! [thumb]).

Stock ported? Or silly headers off ebay?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I am not a fan of the ebay header just because it retains the stock flange. If the Pumaspeed has added value and fits, I will go that route. Regardless, anxious to see how spool can be helped with the MRX. Getting some different manifolds and data going would be great. Clearly stock port manifolds have been posted for the current results, which is great. Ported and other options will really help us to see what is a good combo. I'm just contemplating the ifs.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any and either. I am not a fan of the ebay header. If the Pumaspeed has added value, I will go that route. Regardless, anxious to see how spool can be helped with the MRX. Getting some different manifolds and data going would be great. I'm just contemplating the ifs.
Ah....I see....well...I'm compiling parts currently and I have a couple of pieces that might produce some interesting numbers in the very near future so stay tuned![emoji6]

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #332
I am not a fan of the ebay header just because it retains the stock flange. If the Pumaspeed has added value and fits, I will go that route. Regardless, anxious to see how spool can be helped with the MRX. Getting some different manifolds and data going would be great. Clearly stock port manifolds have been posted for the current results, which is great. Ported and other options will really help us to see what is a good combo. I'm just contemplating the ifs.
Why are you not a fan?

V Bands offer like zero performance gain on our small HP setup..
They're just easier to remove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah....I see....well...I'm compiling parts currently and I have a couple of pieces that might produce some interesting numbers in the very near future so stay tuned![emoji6]

Yes Sir, and I look forward to seeing some results :)

Why are you not a fan?

V Bands offer like zero performance gain on our small HP setup..
They're just easier to remove.

A few reasons. Yes the Pumaspeed is expensive but it also has a lifetime warranty if it were to crack (if it fits, lol). This is awesome considering I will probably have this car for 10 years . Ebay manifold offers none. The Vband is simpler without worrying about bolts and a gasket that can back out over heat cycling. I have fought them in the past and it sucks. The OEM to vband adapter also adds distance from the collector merge to the turbine, which will increase spool. How much, I don't know. All these things add up to making me want a long tube manifold with a Vband. I also have OCD and will spend the money to make it right in my head, even if there is little functional benefit, so yeah.

Nowww, if results come in that a OEM ported gets spool in the high 2k rpm, then I may just go that route. Spool being #1 priority. As mentioned, I did hear someone say they went from 3500 to 2800 by porting the manifold and preloading the wastegate. I will just need to see more conclusive proof.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
People that want stock like spool and 300whp on pump are living in wonderland. When you are making power on a small engine the turbo you will have to use is going to be quite large. To much talk about spool, lag, fitment. It's mountune. Its going to fit well. Why the hell do you want power that low anyway? Its not good for the motor and blows the tires off.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #335
This will probably be the last turbo I put on this car.
I have great power, amazing daily drivability, and have the peace of mind knowing it'll be reliable for years.
I have a second 1991 BMW beat to hell track car that makes 400 whp... I don't need to drop 5k on a Fiesta setup just to have a 400 whp Fiesta.
So for ME. This is the perfect, end all be all turbo setup.
[emoji3]

People that want stock like spool and 300whp on pump are living in wonderland. When you are making power on a small engine the turbo you will have to use is going to be quite large. To much talk about spool, lag, fitment. It's mountune. Its going to fit well. Why the hell do you want power that low anyway? Its not good for the motor and blows the tires off.
Eh, I would say that X37 & X47s do a pretty good job at that with aux fuel tunes. But there are threads dedicated to that type of setup....

I'm also not talking about stock spool. Merely, help the spool along since this is essentially a "big turbo" bolt-on. For me, picking up a few hundred RPM in response would help streetability. This is based on what I have seen from the vdynos thus far. Since Mountune chose to use the stock manifold, history tells us there is room for advancement whether it be a better manifold or porting the stock one.

Yes, it's Mountune. But they aren't the Supreme Court of Fiesta mods. They developed a package at a specific price point. I'm sure it fits fine also. I'm excited to see a quality offering from Mountune.

Too much talk? I thought this was a forum where we share ideas. Anyone else interested in helping out spool on the MRX? I think so.

Thinking this is gonna be my choice, for the power, and the reliablty mountune strives for I kno I can daily drive the hell out of this and be fine, the price is great to