Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

White Smoke Coming Out of Exhaust

Ever since I installed my catless downpipe and Cyborg C39 turbo my car has white smoke coming out of the exhaust intermittently. The puff of smoke is large enough for me to notice when I'm driving.

It happens the most during the following times:

* Cruising on local roads at low speed, generally in the same gear.
* Idle at a stop light.
* Low speed cruising on the freeway in traffic.

Other notes:

* I seem to be losing coolant, which is a problem I've never had.
* There are no coolant leaks that I can find.
* There are no oil leaks.
* PCV hoses seem to be all fine and connected. However, there was oily substance outside one of the hoses right on top of the intake manifold.
* I'm currently on my 4th revision of my tune and it's been happening since the first revision. Car seems to be 100% fine and runs strong. Tuner says my car seems fine according to data logs.

I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to check, I'm a bit perplexed because my car seems to run very strong. I'm close to bringing my car to a stop to do a leak down test and compression test to take head gasket out of the equation.

Just had bryan install a c39 a week ago. Noticed a funky smell, but i figured it was just gas . Full port job on everything, plus catless downpipe. Then today driving i pulled to a stop and then got greeted by a light cloud of smoke... parked car in work garage, and saw just very light smoke at idle. The smoke that looks like you just started your car in cold weather type smoke. Car has been sitting on a base map tune, only touching 8psi because of the IWG .

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Just had bryan install a c39 a week ago. Noticed a funky smell, but i figured it was just gas . Full port job on everything, plus catless downpipe. Then today driving i pulled to a stop and then got greeted by a light cloud of smoke... parked car in work garage, and saw just very light smoke at idle. The smoke that looks like you just started your car in cold weather type smoke. Car has been sitting on a base map tune, only touching 8psi because of the IWG .
Some could be up with the turbo. I would hit up Bryan (Sourskittle) and see what he can do for you.

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been messaging him about it. I just hit 50k miles with no valve breather or catch cans.. so i could possibly just have a bit of blow by. Isnt a constant issue, just something i noticed this morning . But im gonna keep an eye on everything and check for leaks when i swap out IWG later today

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Been messaging him about it. I just hit 50k miles with no valve breather or catch cans.. so i could possibly just have a bit of blow by. Isnt a constant issue, just something i noticed this morning . But im gonna keep an eye on everything and check for leaks when i swap out IWG later today
We have DHM GTX customers with 70-80k at 380whp that don't smoke and have never used a catch can. Pull you plugs out and send me a quick picture of them. Via FB message

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plugs were just replaced with one step colder plugs during c39 install :/ just started the car and no smoke at all . Gonna see how the drive home is

Is a shitty turbo thats what it is. I was one of the first few people to get the c39. Install it same weekend i got it. I noticed the white smoke the next day. Usually happen during idle. Everything was done right. Only had it for a month before i went back to stock turbo. On stock turbo it never happen once before or after the c39. I was at 27k when i had the c39. When back to stock turbo when i had 28k miles.

At least 3 people with the c39 have message me for advice or let me know they have this same issue. Now you and counting me thats 5 people who had this issue out of what? 10 c39 owners lol. Seems to be a problem with the c39.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

grnmachine02

I think there's more than 10 owners out there. Closer to 50 from what I've been told. That being said, my car with a c39 doesn't smoke or lose coolant.

Edit:// that doesn't mean that some haven't had issues. I can't speak to that. Also, in hindsight I wish I had just bought a DHM gtx kit lol

Well.. theres a very small oil drip area on the clamp of turbo and housing. So we shall pull and inspect and go from there i suppose

Ish

Definitely a c39 issue. I installed kali323s c39 and trust me the install was flawless. Something was up with it, who knows what tho. I think hijinx mentioned a while back that it could be a bad seal?

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Why do you prefer the other kit over the C39? Is this a common problem with this turbo? I'm going bigger and considered a C39 but I'm thinking I should go with something else.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Deleted cause I'm a dick sometimes. I've been searching for info about the C39 because I consider one. I was going to buy it from DHM then saw they dropped it. Then I've seen other curious comments on this forum hat makes me think there is a problem with this turbo. Why would you have gone a different route?

Why do you prefer the other kit over the C39? Is this a common problem with this turbo? I'm going bigger and considered a C39 but I'm thinking I should go with something else.
If youre budget is c39 price range then I would go with the proven x37 or x47

grnmachine02

Deleted cause I'm a dick sometimes. I've been searching for info about the C39 because I consider one. I was going to buy it from DHM then saw they dropped it. Then I've seen other curious comments on this forum hat makes me think there is a problem with this turbo. Why would you have gone a different route?
Oh I'm Perfectly happy with my c39. I just kinda wish I would have gone with a GTX kit because I already want more power above the hybrid turbo.

Also the gtx kits make more power with less heat and boost. Granted, they are $2k more than your typical hybrid setup.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
If youre budget is c39 price range then I would go with the proven x37 or x47

That's what I'm thinking after the last week or so of following related threads.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Oh I'm Perfectly happy with my c39. I just kinda wish I would have gone with a GTX kit because I already want more power above the hybrid turbo.

Also the gtx kits make more power with less heat and boost. Granted, they are $2k more than your typical hybrid setup.
Gotcha. I have a lot more questions but I won't jack this thread. I'm just glad the OP bright up this problem and the guys I'm familiar with through research, replied to this thread with good info. Thanks.

Woods247

2000 Post Club

Gotcha. I have a lot more questions but I won't jack this thread. I'm just glad the OP bright up this problem and the guys I'm familiar with through research, replied to this thread with good info. Thanks.