Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need some recommendations. I CANNOT use a tune

Long story short, my 15 fist is my company car. The boss is totally cool with mods, be it cosmetic or engine, just no modding the ecu in any way. No mp215, cobb ap, nada.

Ive been lurking here long enough to know that a tune gets you the most bang for your buck. I also know that the factory tune has power goals and backs off once it reaches them.

Also, if I do get a CAI, it has to be CARB legal. I believe it limits me to Cobb, Mishimoto, and Mountune.

Are manufacturers power gains believable? Mbrp exhaust ~10hp. Mishi intake +5hp etc.

I alreasy have a MAP intercooler I pulled off of a rear ended Fiesta ST. Haven't put it on yet.

I already have a cobb rmm and a drop in k&n filter, but I am looking for a bit more. Suspension and brake upgrades are already in the works (tires are new). Previous owner already installed an oil catch can also.

I guess what I am asking is, what are the best bolt on mods for my situation? Even if the mods are nothing but noise makers, I want to make the best noise lol.

I appreciate any response!
Adam

This is just me. But I would just get a tune and not leave the AP hooked up. You can flash the tune yoh want then disconnect it when you're at the office or whatever. Unless they have some monitoring device on the car that the tune would mess with, that would be a different story.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Velossa tech Big Mouth help push air into the system at speeds. Tranny fluid change, Short Shifter (any), Higher octane fuel, for the stock the best fuel does result in more power. CBE might not do much but can change the sound of the car.

Kazz

The IC will help charge temps. From there, put e30 in her and you're done. Enjoy!

I thought the FiST was a TQ targeting based ECU. If this is the case it won't really matter what you do as it will self adjust in terms of adding power. The intercooler will help but that's about it and to be totally honest, the stocker isn't complete junk on a stock engine.

Also I don't think any fuel above 93 will add any more power on a stock tune. I'm also not sure how it would take E30 on a stock tune either.

I can tell you MAP short ram intake is pretty loud and I love it. I have not heard a FiST with a K&N drop in but usually they do create a bit more sound then stock, so depending how much more you want, you may want to check out some local vehicles to make that choice, along with exhaust. So far I like my mountune CBE but it's only been 100 miles and it's on the quitter side(will get louder and has as broken in). I have the DP but need some time to set aside to install.

The other things to consider are a shifter and associated bushings. There are things like a pedal spacer if you have trouble with Heel & Toe. Braided brake lines is another one. All easy things that don't break the bank and add to the joy of driving.

it's not your car, don't spend your money on it.
The point of a work vehicle is to get paid, not waste your money on it!

If you really like it why not buy it out?

Kazz

A Search on this forum will find that the car will adapt up to e30, proven with dynos. Another search will find that the car can "heat soak" making the charge temps too high and the ecu will pull timing, etc. The results of that search will tell you that an upgraded IC is all you can do to address that problem. Also, the results of the latter search will show that an intake has no effect on stock turbo setups. One other thing the result of that last search will tell you is that an exhaust is an auditory upgrade only. I suggest searching on "nitty gritty" to find those results.

Shifter upgrade results are a bit more subjective, but the RMM should help. From there, the free adjustment of the clips seems to satisfy many. And from there, linkage bushings might improve stock feel.

I would start with the RMM, short shifter plate/bushings, and then the next thing would be an intake. Since you can't tune and the intakes don't do much anyway (I know this sounds sacrilegious but, hang on) just get something like the injen that gives you all of those amazing turbo sounds. Honestly just actually hearing the motor will make it seem faster. With just an intake you can hear it spool, hear the bypass wooosh, listen to the flutter etc. In the end it's not your car so if you loss a race who gives a shit, you still get all the fun factor of driving.

Eh, depends on how mechanically inclined you are. If you are good with your hands, you could do a cheap DIY meth kit since it is pretty hot in Cali.

Spare washer fluid tank, $25. Any brand boost reference adapter for FiST, ~$40. Snow perf silicone port, ~$20 + sealant. Take a Devilsown basic stage 1 kit, add their solenoid with SQ2 pressure siwtch, $365.

So, you are in it for $450. Drill a hole in the spare washer fluid tank, and add the tap that comes in the kit, then install the spare tank. For the port, you pick the stock silicone intercooler joint closest to the intercooler on the cold side and add the snow tap, seal it up. Hook up the pressure switch to the boost reference...set to, 6-12 psi?

Washer fluid tank with 50% meth -> Pump -> Check Valve & Solenoid (order?) -> post intercooler joint port -> low GPH nozzle that comes with the kit.

To go back to stock, put the original washer tank in, and buy a replacement silicone joint from ford/whatever. Neat thing is that you can keep the kit when you are done with the FiST and install it on your own turbo car in the future. Only thing you lose is the resale on the boost reference port, the cost of the spare tank, and the cost of the replacement silicone joint.

This would be bad advice if you lived in a cold place. Effectively the ford ECU sees infinite octane and below ambient charge temps.

How much this does on a stock car?...Meh. It would add a bit of power...but I don't know how agressive the stock tuning goes when it sees really cold temps and absolutely no knock. (Effectively...meth and water adds a lot of effective octane.) But what do I know, I just like to build things. Bwahahaha!