Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My wife just neutered me.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #21
Update: we received an email from Safeco stating the the OBDII readers they sent us are defective and that they can drain the battery until dead. Options are to send them back and keep the current discount to date or get a new set of them and start the 3 months over. My wife and I agreed to just send them back! I tell you what, it is like I just got the car.. vroom vroom! 15% discount for me, 20% for my wife, for the life of the policy. That adds up to about $300 a year or so.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Via bulk purchasing, a store paid $10 for a widget that has an MSRP of $40. For the store to break-even, they need to sell it for at least $22. They sell it to you at $36 or, a 10% discount.

With insurance, there is no widget, and you get wildly different and even the same prices from one business to the next; one agent to the next. In their case, "Discount" is a marketing term. If you have no accessible or published MSRP to work off of, how do you know that you're actually getting a "discount"? How do you know that you're "saving money" when you can add-up the cash that you've paid in and come out wwwaaayyy beyond the average filed per claim for you area?

I just found out earlier this week that a coworker who is much younger, not married, has gone through several cars and addresses in a short period, has filed claims, talked about filing bankruptcy, has probably had more traffic tickets... longer story short... in every measure of the sense, you'd assume would be higher risk, is instead paying a fraction (~1/3) of what the same company wanted to charge me.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm with Intuit. Insurance is kind of a scam. I'm 30, not married, have had the same job for nearly 12 years (military), SPOTLESS driving record and ZERO claims in my 15 years, credit closing in on 750, no missed payments, no defaults... My address is in a small town with virtually no crime... I've done everything right, except no kids, not married and living near St Louis. For that, I was paying $140 on my ST. Now that I've added my Civic, it's $180.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #24
It is a company that I have had my insurance for the last 10 years or so.. so for me it is a discount since it is a lowering in price from what I have been paying.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
They should be lowering their price anyway; and without any extra hoops to jump through. It's nice that they're opting to contract coverage on an annual basis. Pretty much all of them will only do six months maximum as it presents additional opportunity to cut and run (read: drop) when a client might look like they're going to recoup some of their past payout.