Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Projector LED Fog lights

Anyone try these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OE-3-5-ROUN...ash=item2f0088c587:g:vdYAAOSwdGFY0ySC&vxp=mtr

Look like a nice plug n play projector LED for the price of replacement LED bulbs. Sorry if this may be a repost. Thx

I have not tried those, but last fall I purchased and installed these,

http://www.modbargains.com/diode-dynamics-luxeon-led-fog-lights-fiesta-st-focus-st-mustang.htm

They have been really nice and give a crisp clean line/look. They are quite a bit more expensive but work well and are quite skookum

They were pretty easy to install, the use of a multimeter to get +/- correct made that easier. But no cutting necessary, just plug and play.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Those look nice! Very similar but probably higher quality. I would think you could change out the fogs by working underneath the car vs bumper cover removal, but I may be wrong...

I didn't have to do either (it would probably be easier to have the car on a lift though) I left it on the ground, turned the wheel out of the way on the side, and there are a handful of screws that hold the fender liner in place.

If you remove those you can pull the fender liner back and reach in (its kind of a reach and a little blind)

I swapped both HID lowbeams and LED Fogs, it took about 3 hours to do both including cleaning up wiring and making it all look professional.

+1 on the Diode Dynamics set. Sometimes found cheaper directly on their website. Actually, I think I got them on sale from CJ Pony Parts. Anyhow I love mine. As mentioned above jut turn the wheel, remove a few screws, and you're all set.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
I didn't have to do either (it would probably be easier to have the car on a lift though) I left it on the ground, turned the wheel out of the way on the side, and there are a handful of screws that hold the fender liner in place.

If you remove those you can pull the fender liner back and reach in (its kind of a reach and a little blind)

I swapped both HID lowbeams and LED Fogs, it took about 3 hours to do both including cleaning up wiring and making it all look professional.
Thx for the directions. Sounds even easier. Which HID low beams work well without too much glare for oncoming traffic? Thx again

Thx for the directions. Sounds even easier. Which HID low beams work well without too much glare for oncoming traffic? Thx again
I used diode dynamics
http://www.modbargains.com/diode-dynamics-hid-kit-all-bulbs.htm

I ended up going with the 6000k color (slightly blue)

I have only gotten flashed once, the night I installed them... But I have followed the girlfriend and she made no comments even after I asked about it... So I have stopped worrying.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
I used diode dynamics
http://www.modbargains.com/diode-dynamics-hid-kit-all-bulbs.htm

I ended up going with the 6000k color (slightly blue)

I have only gotten flashed once, the night I installed them... But I have followed the girlfriend and she made no comments even after I asked about it... So I have stopped worrying.
No complaints from a girlfriend is more than enough proof for me:)

Thx

I recently installed the Diode Dynamics Luxeon LED Fog Lamps and am very pleased with them.

I'm waiting for delivery my low beam upgrade; Diode Dynamics HID kit, 6000k color.

Hopefully, getting the HID low beams properly adjusted is not an issue.