Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intakes suggestions

I've got a Mishimoto CAI on my 2016. I got it purely to hear the turbo noises. It's pretty good for that purpose. I'm really curious to hear the 2J.

When I got my CAI I contacted Stratified to see if they could update my tune for the new hardware just in case they could squeeze some power out of it. They told me they couldn't. If you're only looking for power you might consider a downpipe first.

I've got a Mishimoto CAI on my 2016. I got it purely to hear the turbo noises. It's pretty good for that purpose. I'm really curious to hear the 2J.

When I got my CAI I contacted Stratified to see if they could update my tune for the new hardware just in case they could squeeze some power out of it. They told me they couldn't. If you're only looking for power you might consider a downpipe first.
From what I've been reading, if you're looking for power, you might want to consider an intercooler first...

everything else optional.

Did the downpipe debate ever get resolved? Has it been confirmed that a DP does indeed contribute to gains? Last time I checked, stock turbo gets nothing from TBE, biggest benefit is to prevent burning out a stock cat with an aggressive tune.

From what I've been reading, if you're looking for power, you might want to consider an intercooler first...

everything else optional.

Did the downpipe debate ever get resolved? Has it been confirmed that a DP does indeed contribute to gains? Last time I checked, stock turbo gets nothing from TBE, biggest benefit is to prevent burning out a stock cat with an aggressive tune.
It's 100% possible that I'm misinformed about the DP. I certainly was under the impression that power could be tuned from a wider pipe. Kinda forgot about the IC as I'm in the STX autox world right now where IC isn't allowed.
Now I'm curious about the downpipe. Has anyone been able to tune significant gains from an aftermarket DP?

EDIT: Here's a pasted quote from Mishimoto regarding their downpipe development for the Fiesta ST. It looks like the figured out that the stock DP was actually pretty efficient after all-

"We are back with more on our Fiesta ST downpipe project. We know you are long overdue for an update, so we’ll dive right in. After fabrication, we read that some other aftermarket downpipes for the Fiesta ST weren’t as successful at making power as downpipes typically are on other applications. We still wanted to test our downpipe designs to see the data for ourselves, and decide if the downpipe was worth manufacturing for the Fiesta ST.

After testing was completed, the data confirmed our suspicions that the Fiesta ST is pretty darn efficient on its own, and the addition of a downpipe did not show any gains in power. Even still, we have decided to kick this into production for those who want the sound benefit, and for those who have more modified Fiesta STs.

A tune will be required to run this downpipe, and of course actual power gains will depend the tune itself and the supporting modifications to your ST. "

Also, you can choose to wear earplugs. In fact, ear plugs plus cranking up the music is the best combination. Earplugs mainly to not damage your ear with the loud music. [rofl] hehe
No earplugs needed. With the windows down I can completely drown out the intake with the volume at the fourth largest stick. With the volume that loud with the windows up, you'll need those earplugs.

After reading on intakes......I came to a realization that our intake is pretty good, grabs cool air already..so made it a little lest restrictive with dropping a high flow filter from K&N. Got the Ford Performance catback those 2 made a good difference.This week just got the COBB tune...will see how it goes.

2JR Cowl Intake if you want all out performance. CP-e for moderate performance and looks. I think the pipe coming out the turbo and into the cowl looks cooler than the box on the CP-e anyways. The noise is awesome too if you like loud noises all the time, which I do. Makes it more fun to drive IMO.

J2FoRS

2JR Cowl Intake if you want all out performance. CP-e for moderate performance and looks. I think the pipe coming out the turbo and into the cowl looks cooler than the box on the CP-e anyways. The noise is awesome too if you like loud noises all the time, which I do. Makes it more fun to drive IMO.
Ive always wanted to hear one in person lol

Induction kits

You may well get thrown the wrench check light , due to the MAF having too much air coming in !! I had this on Euro spec 3 Door , and had to go for High flow silicone hoses and a free flow air filter !! any help on how to avoid the check light , with an Induction kit would be appreciated, my boost pipe did come with the connection for the MAF sensor , but still threw a spanner check light after around % mins , then limp mode !! It cleared on restart , but came back , so you may well have the same problems with the Injen Induction kit , , good luck with It !! :)

Here in the U.S. we do not have a MAF on the intake, we have an IAT sensor. Looks the same as yours but different function.