Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intakes suggestions

OP
Viau

Viau

Thread Starter #3
power mostly...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Look at the 2JR intake. Beware, though... It sits in the cowl so the sounds of induction travel throughout the entire cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Nope... They're all pretty much noise makers and decoration.

If you like decoration, the CPE is beautiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Interesting. I was thinking the cp-e combined with the BIG MOUTH would yield the most power. I'm going to look-up the 2JR now.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That combo will be way over $500 for like, 5 hp if your lucky. I just went with a used silicone induction tube and a drop in filter.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I've had the 2J-Racing intake for 2 years now without any issues on my 2015. It kind of sounds like an airplane about to takeoff. It's glorious but could get annoying at times. If you listen to music loud, you'll easily drown it out.

We saw 4whp and about 15wtq with the CP-E intake OVER a silicone induction hose and upgraded filter. Its not just decoration =] This was with a tune BUT was done before and after without even leaving the dyno. Tune was unchanged.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, i did say it would be about 5hp. :) I wasn't debating the gains. It's the cost per hp that's ridiculous. ZERO bang for buck. The CP-E intake is the price of a Cobb AP & a Strat OTS tune. And the ladder will yield WAY more than a whole 4hp.

J2FoRS

We saw 4whp and about 15wtq with the CP-E intake OVER a silicone induction hose and upgraded filter. Its not just decoration =] This was with a tune BUT was done before and after without even leaving the dyno. Tune was unchanged.
So IF we already have YOUR tune. We gain 1 HP and 3.75tq per $100 USD (or a wonderful $135 CAD for me) spent on your intake. I mean sure it supposedy has better gains, and likely costs so much because you spent so much money on its appearance, but id take it ugly for cheap over flashy and only if your rich anyday.

For the record I love your stuff, id have it all if it wasnt insanely expensive, especially for Canadians. Good work though it is definitely quality.

Edit: I re read and I sound like one of those whiners when they cant afford something. I could afford it, but I just doubt id notice anything different from my $60 induction/drop in, so I gotta just think that money goes elsewhere.

So IF we already have YOUR tune. We gain 1 HP and 3.75tq per $100 USD (or a wonderful $135 CAD for me) spent on your intake. I mean sure it supposedy has better gains, and likely costs so much because you spent so much money on its appearance, but id take it ugly for cheap over flashy and only if your rich anyday.

For the record I love your stuff, id have it all if it wasnt insanely expensive, especially for Canadians. Good work though it is definitely quality.

Edit: I re read and I sound like one of those whiners when they cant afford something. I could afford it, but I just doubt id notice anything different from my $60 induction/drop in, so I gotta just think that money goes elsewhere.
Not here to butt heads, I see where you are coming from and respect your opinion. It wasn't my tune. It was a tune the customer already had. And this is power and torque VS Drop in filter and induction elbow, not stock. Did the same testing on the RS and you would be surprised =p There are several features, such as the 4" CNC velocity stack bell mouth that make it perform well in addition to look good.

J2FoRS

Not here to butt heads, I see where you are coming from and respect your opinion. It wasn't my tune. It was a tune the customer already had. And this is power and torque VS Drop in filter and induction elbow, not stock. Did the same testing on the RS and you would be surprised =p There are several features, such as the 4" CNC velocity stack bell mouth that make it perform well in addition to look good.
Not butting heads by any means my friend. I actually LOVE when vendors and company reps actually read threads that aren't just their initiated product threads and offer up information and data as you have here. After your first response I was on your site looking at all the FiST stuff and watching youtube reviews on your intake and IC. Its refreshing to hear actual data and scenarios rather than the ones who just "Buy my stuff no data but everyones is same mines cheapest just trust" kinda posts. You got me researching your products, so I'd say you accomplished something in your response, definitely not a head butt. [drinking]

Not butting heads by any means my friend. I actually LOVE when vendors and company reps actually read threads that aren't just their initiated product threads and offer up information and data as you have here. After your first response I was on your site looking at all the FiST stuff and watching youtube reviews on your intake and IC. Its refreshing to hear actual data and scenarios rather than the ones who just "Buy my stuff no data but everyones is same mines cheapest just trust" kinda posts. You got me researching your products, so I'd say you accomplished something in your response, definitely not a head butt. [drinking]
Cheers to you my friend!

I am always happy to justify and answer any questions.

I've had the 2J-Racing intake for 2 years now without any issues on my 2015. It kind of sounds like an airplane about to takeoff. It's glorious but could get annoying at times. If you listen to music loud, you'll easily drown it out.
Also, you can choose to wear earplugs. In fact, ear plugs plus cranking up the music is the best combination. Earplugs mainly to not damage your ear with the loud music. [rofl] hehe

Planing on getting an intake. Any suggestions?
I just installed my 2015 Injen intake onto my 2016 Fiesta tonight.

I did research before I picked it, and I settled on it for a few reasons. Here's my summary:

Cons:
1. Not a cold air intake. Since the filter is open in the engine bay, hot air will get sucked into the intake.

2. Probably negligible power gains. Due to the hot air being sucked in probably negates any power gained from any extra airflow the pipers and filter provide. Mostly will be noticed when sitting in traffic and at slow speed, or on hot summer days.

3. Isn't perfectly compatible with the 2016 FiST due to a change in the design of the vacuum lines. Requires a check-valve adapter which can be bought from Woosh Motorsports for $45 shipped. Not an issue if you're 2015 or below.

Pros:
1. Affordable. I really wanted the Mishimoto 2016 intake, but it runs around $360. I spent $165 on my used Injen intake and Woosh Motorsports adapter. It was a compromise I had to make to not blow my budget but still get what I want. Even more affordable if you have a 2015 or below and thus don't need to buy a check-valve adapter like I did.

2. Noise! I was looking for a more aggressive intake sound. I'm not interested in going with an aftermarket exhaust (I like the volume of the stock exhaust), and prefer intake noises in general. Open-air filter design of a short ram intake is great for increasing induction sounds. I also wasn't interested in getting the Boomba open-air blow-off valve adapter. Seemed TOO noisy, and purely aesthetic. Other closed-air intakes still seemed pretty quiet.

3. Complemented by Aftermarket Intercooler. Consensus seems to be on the intake threads I read that running an aftermarket intercooler will compensate for the extra heat from the open filter design of the Injen intake. I do have an aftermarket intake (not installed yet tho), so I might actually see a power gain from this intake + intercooler combo.

4. Increased throttle response. From what I've read, seems like the Injen should increase the throttle response, even if no power is actually being added. Not a major benefit in my opinion, but another benefit of this affordable intake.

5. Full-length intake. I didn't want to settle for a half-length intake which only replaces up to where the MAF Sensor sits. If I was spending money, I wanted to do the whole intake.

5. Heat shield included The Injen comes with a heat-shield, which will help to eliminate the heat issue. However it doesn't seem to isolate the filter very much from the engine, but I plan to try to modify the heat shield in the future to better isolate the filter away from the engine heat.

Considering the affordability and availability of used Injen intakes on the market, the increased turbo noises, and the possibility for some power gains, Injen was what I decided to go with. I haven't really had a chance to drive it much to say how I like the extra noises or if I feel any power or throttle response gains.

Hope that helps!