Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Manual mode for climate control?

Is it possible to make the temp dial work as a normal warm/cold air mixture control? I dislike auto climate control in general [thumbdown]

i think so. turn the left knob which i believe switches off 'auto' and turns fan speed to manual

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You cannot disable the temperature blend. The system will work as a thermostat and adjust cold / hot. You can disable the auto fan speed and where the air goes (press the auto on the fan button to turn it off or press a desired air flow or turn the speed of the fan)

Spaceman_Spiff

You cannot disable the temperature blend. The system will work as a thermostat and adjust cold / hot. You can disable the auto fan speed and where the air goes (press the auto on the fan button to turn it off or press a desired air flow or turn the speed of the fan)
really? I've been operating on the theory that if auto was enabled, it would automatically switch between modes and fan speeds to maintain the temperature indicated, but if you change the fan speed off of auto it would just blow on whatever setting/temperature you have it set on. That's how it works in my crown vic with auto climate - granted, it's an '02, things might have changed a little since then ;)

I'll have to dig out the owner's manual and see what it says.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
really? I've been operating on the theory that if auto was enabled, it would automatically switch between modes and fan speeds to maintain the temperature indicated, but if you change the fan speed off of auto it would just blow on whatever setting/temperature you have it set on. That's how it works in my crown vic with auto climate - granted, it's an '02, things might have changed a little since then ;)

I'll have to dig out the owner's manual and see what it says.
Let me know what you find but what I wrote is base experience. Set temp to a set point and I will feel cold and wheat cycle through. Only exception is set to hi or Lo.

Spaceman_Spiff

Let me know what you find but what I wrote is base experience. Set temp to a set point and I will feel cold and wheat cycle through. Only exception is set to hi or Lo.
Is that with "auto" enabled or using fan speed? I know that there is some issue with the temperature sensor on some of the cars being too close to the infotainment system and getting false warm readings, not sure if that comes into play here or not.

Anyhow, here's what I was able to find in this online manual for 2016 fiestas.
TempControl.PNG
Auto.PNG

It's not real clear, and left up to interpretation, but it sounds to me that setting the temperature to a value should maintain that temperature for the air coming in to the cabin (not the air already in the cabin). BUT having auto selected maintains cabin temperature to the set value. Again, that's my interpretation...

Spaceman_Spiff

Ok, I retract my previous statement.

I leave my temp set to 70 and fan on low. Yesterday was considerably cooler (45 degrees F vs 60-70) than it has been lately, and instead of blowing cool air (like it does on the warmer days) it was blowing warm/borderline hot air. So I guess it does try to maintain a cabin air temperature.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Ok, I retract my previous statement.

I leave my temp set to 70 and fan on low. Yesterday was considerably cooler (45 degrees F vs 60-70) than it has been lately, and instead of blowing cool air (like it does on the warmer days) it was blowing warm/borderline hot air. So I guess it does try to maintain a cabin air temperature.
Yup. I hate it. If you go to Lo or Hi, it stays on max but any other position is automated.