Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What tire are you running on 15x8 wheel?

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #41
So many choices in a 15" tire. I still think a 17" wheel looks better but tire selection, weight, price of tires, and performance might make me get 15's

Zissou

If you want the best feedback and control which almost always results in faster lap times on track, more precision which carving up a canyon, etc the almost always best to stick with a 205 on an 8" wheel in the ultimate grip summer only tires. As mentioned above the 195 BFG is super wide for a the sidewall markings and works really well on an 8" wheel. If you need an AS(really 3 season tire) the NeoGen in 205/5015 is a dang good tire on an 8.

If you simply must run a 225 (always look up the real specs of any tire you are interested in as sidewall markings and size listings are most often quite inaccurate) get the narrowest 225 you can in the type of tire you want to run as it is best to have a little stretch, not much needed, it adds greatly to the feedback and control which you give up a bit when going down to smaller width wheels.

Let us know a bit more and we can better assist you in choosing the best tires for your needs.

1) stock power, moderate upgrade, hybrid turbo, big turbo, etc
2) use, autocross, road race tracks, mountain and canyon runs, just street, combination of uses...
3) stock or upgraded suspension and what type if so
4) general budget range
5) wheels, offset, etc
6) summer only max grip, summer only really good grip but last longer, 3 season(max grip summer tires are generally not to be used in freezing temps and can lose a lot of grip below 50 degrees)

Welcome to the 15" wheel club, a very wise mod on this car, 16's very good as well but not much available.

Rick
Hey Rick, I'm picking up a set of 15x8 TD's and could use some tire recommendations as well if you don't mind. Here's my stats:

1. Power - stage 3 OTS with all bolt-ons, stock turbo. More detail in signature.
2. Use - Mountain runs, I'm 20 min from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Daily driver like 2-3 days per week. Primarily used for blasting down back roads - my town is small and easy to get on great roads. Would like to explore autoX.
3. Suspension - Mountune springs and H&R Camber bolts at -1.5 degrees.
4. Budget - not strict but would like to stay under $125 per tire.
5. Wheels will be the 15x8 TD 1.2 35mm offset.
6. Summer only full focus on grip. I put 3k miles on my car this year and I run a set of all seasons when it's cold.
Any tire lasts a long time for me. I'm just replacing my OEM RE050a's now on my 2014. Currently at 22.5k miles and picked up another car this year for more daily duty. The car is becoming a bit of a garage queen.

I was expecting to go for a 205/50r15 but would love to get your input.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #43
Hey Rick, I'm picking up a set of 15x8 TD's and could use some tire recommendations as well if you don't mind. Here's my stats:

1. Power - stage 3 OTS with all bolt-ons, stock turbo. More detail in signature.
2. Use - Mountain runs, I'm 20 min from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Daily driver like 2-3 days per week. Primarily used for blasting down back roads - my town is small and easy to get on great roads. Would like to explore autoX.
6. Summer only full focus on grip. I put 3k miles on my car this year and I run a set of all seasons when it's cold.
Any tire lasts a long time for me. I'm just replacing my OEM RE050a's now on my 2014. Currently at 22.5k miles and picked up another car this year for more daily duty. The car is becoming a bit of a garage queen.

The Dunlop direzza star spec on a 205/50/15 seems like it may be the best tire for a 15x8. A little stretch at 7.5" tread with and plenty of grip plus pretty cheap. That's probably what I would go with

LILIKE16ST

The Dunlop direzza star spec on a 205/50/15 seems like it may be the best tire for a 15x8. A little stretch at 7.5" tread with and plenty of grip plus pretty cheap. That's probably what I would go with
I agree with his driving habits and needs that is probably the best tire for that wheel in the price range he's looking at. It's only 19 lbs as well. I was between that and the Continental extreme contact same size also 19 lbs but I drive mine alot more and don't track it at all I need more life so I'll probably go with the Continental. If I didn't drive the car daily and put alot less miles on it no question I'd go with the star spec.

Zissou

I agree with his driving habits and needs that is probably the best tire for that wheel in the price range he's looking at. It's only 19 lbs as well. I was between that and the Continental extreme contact same size also 19 lbs but I drive mine alot more and don't track it at all I need more life so I'll probably go with the Continental. If I didn't drive the car daily and put alot less miles on it no question I'd go with the star spec.
Sweet deal. I see tire rack has them at $124 a pop on a closeout deal. Makes them only a bit more than the RE-71 and the same as the Toyo Proxes R1R.

Has anyone ran the Nankang NS2R's on their 15x8's?
I've heard the 195/55/15's are a wide tire

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Where did you find bronze 15x8 1.2’s in our bolt pattern?
IF you are referring to ridinVINTAGE's bronze 1.2s, Chalon @ Perfect Circle Autosport used to be able to put in a 'factory order' for these, IF he did not have them from a stock order,
It seems like not so much any more. [:(]