Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Passive TPMS system

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
So coming from Toyotas, I'm very surprised how the TPMS system on this car works. Maybe this is just Ford in general but after removing my Sparcos that had the TPMS sensors I installed my Rotas which I just put normal valve stems in, took nearly 2 weeks for the TPMS fault light to finally come on.

Then on top of that, I started my car this morning and TPMS light went away. With Toyotas if there's any low pressure or missing sensor when you start the car it lets you know within 10 seconds. This doesn't give me much faith in the future when I actually do need to know if pressure is low due to a puncture.

I've had the same thing happen with mine. I believe that if you park the car occasionally near the tpms sensors (I park 20' from my other wheels at home) that the car resets the warning. When I travel to an autocross, my tpms light comes on at the same highway exit every time, so you can travel 20 miles with no sensor signal before the car throws the error.

If the sensors are on the car and you get a puncture or low pressure you should know right away.

How close are your extra wheels with the sensors in them to your car when parked?
Last summer same thing happened to me, my winters were calibrated to the car and when I parked near them they would turn the light off, but then 30 mins it would turn on, regardless how far I drove

The sensors have some range!

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I've had the same thing happen with mine. I believe that if you park the car occasionally near the tpms sensors (I park 20' from my other wheels at home) that the car resets the warning. When I travel to an autocross, my tpms light comes on at the same highway exit every time, so you can travel 20 miles with no sensor signal before the car throws the error.
You know, I do park in the driveway in front of my garage where I have my wheels stored up top so that makes sense. When the warning finally did come on, it was when I was on the highway driving to work.