Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Turbosmart BOV

So along with the new MRX Turbo upgrade Mountune is offering a new Turbosmart BOV (doesn't require the turbo upgrade) that installs in the symposer port, is there any advantage to this setup vs a GFB DV+ on a stock turbo? Is it just for cool turbo noises? I have a Boomba spacer on right now that I was planning to replace with a DV+ because it's too loud. I would still like some BOV noise, would this be a happy medium?

Also, if I went with the Mountune BOV, is it better to just leave the stock recirc valve unplugged (they include a CEL defeat plug) or try and find a proper block off plate?

Thanks for any info.

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Turbosmart-Kompact-BOV-Kit-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-bov-kit.htm

Last edited:
Boomba has a block off plate don't they?

I am intrigued by this piece and will probably get one before my Stratified e85 tune.

My guess is on a stock turbo there won't be much of a difference between this and the aftermarket on turbo BOV, but I am still learning about this car so I may also be WRONG

Edit
Map has a block off plate
https://www.maperformance.com/products/map-fiesta-st-bov-block-off-plate-2014-ford-fiesta-st-fist-bovb

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
Welp, I ordered the DV+. GFB makes a good point about the factory solenoid being faster than a mechanical bov. I'm also ready for some quiet after the boomba spacer.

Looked at it on their site. So you can run it on a stock FiST? Does it not come with a block-off plate or plug for the pigtail to the stock BPV?

Bluedrank

This seems pretty cool. I wish they had more information about it though. Seems like a cool solution if it worked with the stock turbo.

Waiting for a video from someone who has it. Surprised mountune hasn't done any videos of the kit or this yet

J2FoRS

Randy from Mountune says this isnt a recommended upgrade for a stock fist and the part is meant for the turbo upgrade. Hence not coming with everything required and requires a tune/factory plug in cel defeater. Was going to order but not after his response.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
We do sell a boost operated BPV for this car for those looking to upgrade the weak factory piece and not wanting the loud noise of a BOV.

J2FoRS

We do sell a boost operated BPV for this car for those looking to upgrade the weak factory piece and not wanting the loud noise of a BOV.
Unfortunately your application requires hacking apart the stock vacuum lines and alot of assembly. I wish you guys did more plug and play stuff, that actually came ready to install and didnt destroy factory parts in case of reverting back to stock.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Unfortunately your application requires hacking apart the stock vacuum lines and alot of assembly. I wish you guys did more plug and play stuff, that actually came ready to install and didnt destroy factory parts in case of reverting back to stock.
Only two vacuum lines would need to be replaced should the customer decide to return to stock. However we get where you're coming from.