Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

14 Tuxedo Black from Gatineau

Since I'm planning quite a few power and appearance mods, I should start myself a build thread! Here's my plan:

Exterior styling
more red plastidip. Parts to dip: mirror cover, bumper around the fog light, side skirt, lower rear bumper (below the hex grill), tear duct (don't know what else to call them) of the headlight and try to follow the lines of the car towards the windshield/roof.
So far, I did the small trim on the trunk door that is just above the license plate and just below the Ford badge (the trim actually curves around the badge) in red and it looks nice. From afar. Cause I messed it up from up close. I have put way too much each time I sprayed it. I tried to do the small silver ring around the insde vents at the same time and put way too much dip. So I removed it from the vent ring, but left it on the trunk door. It looks alright, as long as you don't look too hard.

I'd like to get my hands on some mud flaps, but I find them VERY expensive. We're talking upwards of 200CAD. Might be one of the last thing I do, but I might go for them before next winter.

Power mods
That's where the fun begins and the cash goes out. First of all, when I bought the car in January, I knew I would need tires and brakes. Tires are on the way and installed next Monday. I decided on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3+. I think that with the stock power for now, I won't see the limit of those tires and they'll make me save a bit as they should last for a while (70000km warranty). As for the brakes, probably looking at HPS5.0 pads with StopTech slotted rotor. I believe braking power is very important, so that should deal with it.
I already have a K&N drop-in filter installed, so there's that.

I'll have to get my hands on an AccessPort. From what I'm looking at, it would be the single most expensive part to buy, and again at like 700CAD, that's a lot of dosh.

I'll certainly change the RMM, looking for CP-e probably.

After that, I'm planning to go with the Depo or Whoosh Intercooler as well as the Depo catted downpipe. From what I read here, they're as good as anyone else and much cheaper and I don't give a fuck about branding.

I will eventually have to look into an exhaust, but I'll have to make sure I like the sound. I'm looking for something with a bit more growling than the stock system, but nothing too loud (otherwise the girlfriend will be mad).

Sometimes in there I'll be looking at installing braces, looking at the TBPerformance mainly. And either when the suspension decides it's time to go or before, I'll look into coilovers, I'm really interested in the MeisterR, seems very good and not too expensive either.

I'll try to get some picture in tonight or tomorrow!

OP
K
Thread Starter #2
I have not updated this thread in forever...

Let's fet to it. Summer last year, I was able to plastidip the car a bit. Put some red here and there. I had no doubt the back would look great, but the front and the mirror caps came out better than I expected! I still want to do the upper part of the rear honeycomb.

I also wanted to do the side skirts in red... but then I read those are glued on (with 3 bolts each). So, I don't know of I'll do them at all now. I'll see next summer! I might have some other plans for the color anyway.....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
Now back to recent times: I finally bought, received and installed a good RMM! I bought the AWR 88a from Whoosh. It really changes the car for such a small part.

There's been a few casualties, but I learned that I need to buy better sockets. Fortunately, I had like 6 ratchets, so 2 dead, 4 to go. Those were cheap anyway.

A small review on the AWR 88a: much stiffer than stock (duh). Fixes the shifting bangs and seems to fix the wheel hop, but hard to tell in winter with the lack of traction. In my case, the car barely vibrate at idle, but I hear vibrations at around 1500RPM, but still feel almost nothing. Passed 1700RPM it feels normal. The engine does sounds a lot louder in the cabin, but it sounds like a subwoofer more than anything.

I expect the 1500RPM vibration to calm down as the RMM breaks in, but even if it stays, it's worth it for the added stability.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
This fall, the ST of Ontario group had a group buy for a short antenna and LED foglights. Antenna was $10CAD and LEDs were $40CAD. They look really good, but the foglights are now about as bright as the headlights, so I use them less.

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
And now and the future, I'm waiting for the bracket from Whoosh to install my Mishimoto J-line intercooler I bought used here. It's basically new, the previous owner had it for 2-3 months installed.

Afterwards, I'll be looking for a downpipe, most likely Whoosh as it's cheap and 200 cell. Once I'm stage 3, I'll start looking at bodywork and keeping an eye on exhausts. I'll probably be on the lookout for deals for the next upgrades (coilovers, wing risers, LEDs, head/tail lights, etc)

Also, I might be able to swap my grey recaros with some orange, like I wanted at first! If I can get my hands on those, I will probably have to change my red plastidip to orange... or just have it wrap in another color, not sure yet!

ouch, 2 broken ratchets. Hope there wasn't any scraped knuckles to go with them.

Yay to the orange color, That coming from the owner of a Molten orange car.

The access port will put a huge smile on your face, have fun with that.

sounds like you are on the right track.

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
Oh yeah, I do have an AccessPort already, forgot to add that. Got it used locally. One of the first thing to get I think. I'm waiting to get the downpipe to be stage 3 and I'll look into getting a tune from another tuner (most likely Stratified)

OP
K
Thread Starter #9
I received my j-line bracket and the big mouth from the group buy last week, I was able to install everything yesterday.

What a pain was yesterday. A lot more cutting than I thought. The bracket from Whoosh certainly makes everything easier as you don't have to drill in the crash bar. Thr big mouth was not too hard to install, but trying to fit my hand back there to install the nut was not fun. I scraped my knuckles on the radiator a bit.

With this done, I would not do it again. I'm happy with the result (except the green pipe) and I got a good deal on an almost new j-line, buy I recommend going with a stock fitting instead (like Whoosh, depo, Cobb, etc).

I also painted the crash bar because I planned to open up the honeycombs of the front grill, but lack time to do so. I'll leave as is for now and when we get better weather I'll change the green pipes for black, trim the bumper a bit more as I had to force it a bit in place and open up the grill.

OP
K
Thread Starter #10
One down, three to go.

Thans to [MENTION=5030]Corrosion[/MENTION], got myself a nice stage 3 TBPerformance kit.

I'm going to need a jack to goes higher than 13 inches and wait for the garage to dry a bit, but it's coming! [emoji16]

OP
K
Thread Starter #11
Here comes the other three bars. Not too hard to install, but stuck under the car with barely 16 inches of clearance is not the best position.

The car feels SOOOO much better when turning now. Mostly the back feels so much better.

Also, the traction bar is right in the way of the oil dripping. Gotta make sure the receiving bucket is large enough.

cxwrench

Holy Jesus...that rust! I was just under my '14 the other day doing an oil change...it's not even dirty, but it's a nor-cal car.

dmb

ya, looks like ice road truckers under there. its amazing what they put on them roads to melt the cold stuff. and melt your car, cars in ca last forever lucky us.

OP
K
Thread Starter #14
Yeah I know... I will have to take care of that this summer. I'm seriously wondering where the fuck the previous owner was living for it to go so bad. I had a 2012 SE before and it NEVER got that bad and I did not rustproof it (because I did not plan on keeping it). I have a feeling that the previous owner was on a gravel road every damn day which would make it a lot worse.

Anyway, for now it looks like there's no structural damage, so should be an easy fix.

OP
K
Thread Starter #15
Some more things got installed yesterday.

Bouggt some LEDs from Amazon. Very easy to install, barely need any tools. They are not super bright, but at least they are white.

Also got myself some black lug nuts from Amazon, Muteki SR48. Forgot to take some pictures, but they don't look that good on the silver winter wheels. It should look much better with the black summer wheels.

New summer tires are also coming on after I sold my Pilot Sport A/S3+. I went with S. drive 215/40R17. They should stick more than those Michelin rocks.

OP
K
Thread Starter #17
A few updates on the build.

Got myself a Boomba BOV adapter. It sounds great and goes on ALL the time. I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm still not sure if it's fucking awesome or a bit too much. We'll see!

Install was pretty easy, but as everything with this car, not a lot of room to work. Everything is easy to remove to get access to it. I did break another set of push screws or whatever they are called. Meh, bought a few at the dealer.

Overall, a fun mod!

OP
K
Thread Starter #18
I recently ordered from Whoosh again for a short shifter and the ST200 airbox. The good price on the VUDU was too good to pass and damn was it about time. It's really sad to hide such a nice looking piece so far under the hood, but the shift feels SO much better at 25% reduction. I highly recommend it.

Since you need to remove the airbox to access the shifter, I decided to order the ST200 airbox at the same time. It's a stock box, so install is the same as uninstall of the old one. It added a bit more noises, but mostly i take temps dropped even more than with just the big mouth. When moving, intake temps are max 2 celsius above ambient while before I could see up to 4 above ambient.

I forgot to take pics once installed of both, but they are super easy to install, took less than an hour to do both.