Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune RMM creaking

I had the dealer install the mount today and after about 4 hours of running around after, it developed a creaking sound when starting from a stop. Is this normal and will it stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the dealer install the mount today and after about 4 hours of running around after, it developed a creaking sound when starting from a stop. Is this normal and will it stop?

No this is not normal, I've installed two of these kits from mountune and never experienced any creaking sounds. From what I've read from other posts is that if the main bolt for the RMM isn't torqued properly then it may cause these issues. I think the torque spec is 65ft-lbs but the instructions should also list this too.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #3
No this is not normal, I've installed two of these kits from mountune and never experienced any creaking sounds. From what I've read from other posts is that if the main bolt for the RMM isn't torqued properly then it may cause these issues. I think the torque spec is 65ft-lbs but the instructions should also list this too.

Thank you. I'll have to bring it back to where I had it don't on Monday.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #5
it might be the plate as well. Have them look at it but another common solution is a dab of silicon grease to the bushing.
This is what I've been reading. I'm going to call them on Monday to make an appointment. I was just worried about damage. Seems it's just the properties of polyurethane bushings it seems.

Mine did this for maybe 3k then stopped.
Seemed worst when it was hot outside.

OP
dooku77
Thread Starter #7
It seems to happen now only after a long trip or if I reverse and then go forward again.