Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mashup: Turbomac and Titan = Perfection

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #41
Ok thanks.i was thinking of the riken raptor tires. 8.6 section width and 7.4 tread width. Mainly for the very cheap price
Those will fit fine and I definitely understand the price thing. One thing you may want to consider...if, for whatever reason, you need to replace a tire (I have had to several times on various cars) will you be able to find one? Just a thought. The PS31 are also fairly cheap, under $100 each...and a newer tire that should be around for awhile. I was also on a budget...lol.

I was thinking of getting the white recce rims to go with my platinum white Fist. What do you think? Anyone who can photoshop that combination? Thanks

Just saw a posted weight by an Ebay seller at 18.43 lbs.
Finally got home and weighed mine...19.8lbs.
So not super light but lighter than stock (+1" wider) and similar to actual turbomacs by Fifteen52.
And wow is the paint nice in person on the steel grey very sparkly....wonder if it'll be washed out against the Magnetic.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #45
Interested in seeing them on your Magnetic, should match up nicely.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Finally got home and weighed mine...19.8lbs.
So not super light but lighter than stock (+1" wider) and similar to actual turbomacs by Fifteen52.
And wow is the paint nice in person on the steel grey very sparkly....wonder if it'll be washed out against the Magnetic.
They are still lighter than the Turbomacs, or Tarmacs, just not by leaps and bounds.

About the same weight as my 17x8 1.2s will be, unless Rimstock started making those lighter as of late.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #50
Good point. I will have to think about it.
Top Side View (800x600) (2).jpg

I couldn't attach the pic of the side to the PM so here it is.

The fit is flush to the side, no poke, do not stick out beyond the well sides. You can see the front, the back you can see more of the wheel in the photo but it is not sticking out.

jayrod1980

Beautiful wheels man! I know they are the star of the show, but who makes that awesome lip on your rear spoiler? Did you have it painted? looks great with the front lip and those gorgeous wheels.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #55
Beautiful wheels man! I know they are the star of the show, but who makes that awesome lip on your rear spoiler? Did you have it painted? looks great with the front lip and those gorgeous wheels.
Both front and rear are Maxton Design, not painted, textured black. Some have had issues with their rear installations, mine matched up well right out of the box and went on without any issue, done by myself on a warm day.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I love the look and your car looks absolutely amazing

for a daily though it's tough for me to buy a wheel that requires that much effort to clean - just my .02 for daily duty (this is not pinpointing these wheels - also the Turbomac)

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #57
I love the look and your car looks absolutely amazing

for a daily though it's tough for me to buy a wheel that requires that much effort to clean - just my .02 for daily duty (this is not pinpointing these wheels - also the Turbomac)
Thank you ron@whoosh.

Yes, may require a little more time on cleaning day but not that much of a problem for me.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #58
washed (800x600).jpg

Washed the car the other day and the wheel cleaning wasn't as big of a pain as I thought it might be. Took maybe a couple of minutes per to wash and a little less time to dry off.

The 215s in the picture makes them looked pretty stretched but they aren't as much as they look. One thing I haven't mentioned is that they ride way better then the stock 205s. I have the stock tires on my Kosei k5r's and they ride rough over any uneven section of pavement. The 215 taller sidewall, not by much, does make a difference. The ride is still very firm but not jarring or feeling like your going to bend a wheel if you hit a bump like the 205s do.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^All good to know/hear! [thumb]

Yes, I was even going to say that those Kumhos do look pretty stretched for a 215/40 (but in a GOOD way!), but they may run a little bit narrower (in both section and tread widths) than what I plan on using on my 17x8 1.2s.

REALLY glad to hear that even the slightly taller sidewall over factory setup yields a better ride! [:)]

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #60
I just wanted to make sure I didn't rub with the 40mm offset, a huge concern for me, that is why I chose that tire. There are also not many choices in the 215/40 size, HTR zII and S Drives are older designs and I didn't need a track/street tire, AD 08R, RT 615k, Spec Star, Federals, not to mention cost concerns. There for the best guess/move were the Kumhos...