Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mashup: Turbomac and Titan = Perfection

I guess I have to post up my new set up... 17 x 8, 40mm offset with 215/40 x 17s. I was keeping it on the "down low" but I think others are catching on...
20170407_092455 (2) (1024x542).jpg
20170406_101225 (2) (1024x768) (800x600).jpg
20170407_092543 (800x415).jpg
20170407_092617 (800x519).jpg
Everything about this set up is perfect to me. Right ride height for my daily, fills the wells, offset spot on, drop is right and best of all no rubbing!

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #5
I have only seen Steel Gray (mine), White and Magnesium Black (flat grayish)
Not sure what is available in 4 x 108. They are not easy to get in the US but you can look at the UK sites for some info and colors. FYI, the UK sites cannot ship to the US, I tried most of them.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #7
They were not available when I ordered mine. I guess the cats out of the bag...

GRRRRR.....we bought them from the same company. I was hoping to be the first one with them on a Fist but I've been on the road for a month and they are sitting in my basement.
Apparently after I contacted them and had them special order they got five sets in each color and put them for sale on eBay....tears!
Oh well they look good hopefully I can be the first with them on magnetic!
Congrats!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Someone just mentioned these Rota Recce wheels in my thread since I just got the Titans. I'm really liking the options being offered by Rota.

J2FoRS

You know what they say. If someone is first, there has to be followers close behind, otherwise youre running a race no one else deems worth running. You may not be the only, but you can take solice in the fact that a few people here on our mighty FiST forum know you were numero uno. [raceflag][twothumb]

I've been looking at these for about a week but can't find any info on wheel weight. Can you stick one of those you've got in the basement on a scale?

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #14
You know what they say. If someone is first, there has to be followers close behind, otherwise youre running a race no one else deems worth running. You may not be the only, but you can take solice in the fact that a few people here on our mighty FiST forum know you were numero uno. [raceflag][twothumb]
Thanks for the kind words j2FiST...

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #16
I've been looking at these for about a week but can't find any info on wheel weight. Can you stick one of those you've got in the basement on a scale?
I asked everyone on earth about the weight, here and in the UK. They came into my alignment / wheel guy so I didn't have them at home to weigh before mount and balance. Best answer I got was they are similar to the Grids which are around 19 lbs. So lighter then stock and with an 8" width.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #17
Someone just mentioned these Rota Recce wheels in my thread since I just got the Titans. I'm really liking the options being offered by Rota.
OffTheWall503, just want to throw a thanks your way. I have been following your thread and purchased the same tires. I wanted to make sure I did not rub and studied all the different 215/40 x 17s I could find. The PS31 had a reasonable tread width, newer design and so far are fitting and working out well. Not everyone checks the section width and tread width when picking tires, just size, there is a big difference.

I asked everyone on earth about the weight, here and in the UK. They came into my alignment / wheel guy so I didn't have them at home to weigh before mount and balance. Best answer I got was they are similar to the Grids which are around 19 lbs. So lighter then stock and with an 8" width.
Thanks!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
OffTheWall503, just want to throw a thanks your way. I have been following your thread and purchased the same tires. I wanted to make sure I did not rub and studied all the different 215/40 x 17s I could find. The PS31 had a reasonable tread width, newer design and so far are fitting and working out well. Not everyone checks the section width and tread width when picking tires, just size, there is a big difference.
That was the reason I picked that particular tire, I'm glad it's also working for you.

I wanted to get the stickier Federal tires but it's hard to justify a pure Summer tire when we get all kinds of colder weather and rain even during the summer months, plus I need them to at least last a few seasons.