Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2 tracks one weekend, initial impressions of my new ST

Bought my ST last September but due to deployment right after I bought it haven't even got to break her in yet. Finally had some free time and there were track days at Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla this weekend and I hadn't done either track yet so I jumped at the chance to do both in the same weekend. Put 900 miles on the car this weekend and finally hit 1000 on the ride up to Buttonwillow on Friday lol. Anyway, first time stretching the cars' legs and I must say I am impressed. Car is completely stock and it definitely has more than I was willing to give it. My best time at Buttonwillow 13CW was a 2:20.5 and a 2:21.4 at Chuckwalla CW. A bit quicker than I was expecting even though I was subconsciously going easy on the brakes and I absolutely do not claim to be a great driver. The predictability and the off-throttle oversteer was making me giggle. Car is definitely a blast and even though it isn't my track car I feel like it is going to make me think at least a little bit about which car to bring. Now to scrub out all those rubber marks all over the car.

Pete

Bought my ST last September but due to deployment right after I bought it haven't even got to break her in yet. Finally had some free time and there were track days at Buttonwillow and Chuckwalla this weekend and I hadn't done either track yet so I jumped at the chance to do both in the same weekend. Put 900 miles on the car this weekend and finally hit 1000 on the ride up to Buttonwillow on Friday lol. Anyway, first time stretching the cars' legs and I must say I am impressed. Car is completely stock and it definitely has more than I was willing to give it. My best time at Buttonwillow 13CW was a 2:20.5 and a 2:21.4 at Chuckwalla CW. A bit quicker than I was expecting even though I was subconsciously going easy on the brakes and I absolutely do not claim to be a great driver. The predictability and the off-throttle oversteer was making me giggle. Car is definitely a blast and even though it isn't my track car I feel like it is going to make me think at least a little bit about which car to bring. Now to scrub out all those rubber marks all over the car.
Awesome to see someone else from SD going up to the tracks! I love the fiesta on track, so much so it has turned into the track car for myself. If you ever want to meet up for local meets we have a facebook page. San Diego ST Owners Group. Also make sure you have a picture of your ST somewhere so we can add you!

Anyways back to track stuff. Once you feel comfortable pushing the car more, the brakes and cooling system will be the weak points in our car that you will want to address first. More so in the summer time. As for enjoying the local mountain roads the Fiesta is a laughing riot!

Looks like I missed you by a day at Buttonwillow. I was there Sunday. It was a blast, I didnt do quite as well as you(2:25.4) but I also don't get to track much if ever. Now that you have driven it in stock form, if you were to take it back out on the track what would you change?

Awesome to see someone else from SD going up to the tracks! I love the fiesta on track, so much so it has turned into the track car for myself. If you ever want to meet up for local meets we have a facebook page. San Diego ST Owners Group. Also make sure you have a picture of your ST somewhere so we can add you!

Anyways back to track stuff. Once you feel comfortable pushing the car more, the brakes and cooling system will be the weak points in our car that you will want to address first. More so in the summer time. As for enjoying the local mountain roads the Fiesta is a laughing riot!
So youre the first person Ive seen that tracks with a upgraded turbo on their car. Any problems with it so far? And how many times have you been out with the new turbo? Im considering upgrading mine, but I dont want to affect the reliability on the track.

OP
KD718
Thread Starter #6
Looks like I missed you by a day at Buttonwillow. I was there Sunday. It was a blast, I didnt do quite as well as you(2:25.4) but I also don't get to track much if ever. Now that you have driven it in stock form, if you were to take it back out on the track what would you change?
Yea I was originally signed up for Sunday but I changed days so I could do Chuckwalla as well. I think a suspension upgrade would help. I'm trying the Bilstein B8/mountune combination that seems pretty popular. Some people say the stock brakes are fine but I think they need an upgrade to put down any solid times unless you went super slow and warmed up the tires then just went to town for a lap and cooled it back down. I can't feel it but my brakes are making a weird squeaking that would indicate warped rotors. Like I said i can't feel it in the pedal though.