Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FiST and MX5...mentioned together here frequently

In reading many of the posts here the FiST and the Miata are mentioned together a lot. Who here has them... or once had one or both?

I am lucky enough to have both...

Attachments

I am also lucky enough to have both. I have a stock 2016 FiST and a fairly modified '93 Miata. They are both fun cars, and both quick in the mountains. My Miata is kind of stupid-fast, though. Instagram @blackopsmiata [video]https://youtu.be/V0b5drnDeQI[/video]

It's not my car you are asking about but, since I have been looking at them I'll tell you!
I believe those are Rota Recce's in 17x7.5 4x108 with 40mm offset in Steel Gray or something like that.

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #6
What wheels do you have on the FiST?? I like 'em...
They are Rota Recce, 17 x 8, 40mm offset, 1st on a FiST that I know of. See Wheels and Tires, Official Fiesta ST Wheels thread and Mashup: Turbomac and Titan...

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
They are Rota Recce, 17 x 8, 40mm offset, 1st on a FiST that I know of. See Wheels and Tires, Official Fiesta ST Wheels thread and Mashup: Turbomac and Titan...
Just saw it!! My new favourite wheel... I purchased these Black Rhino York wheels for my new Sprinter 4x4 and I'll be towing the FiST. Would look supremely awesome with the Reece wheels on it!

OP
kona16
Thread Starter #9
I am also lucky enough to have both. I have a stock 2016 FiST and a fairly modified '93 Miata. They are both fun cars, and both quick in the mountains. My Miata is kind of stupid-fast, though. Instagram @blackopsmiata [video]https://youtu.be/V0b5drnDeQI[/video]

Very nice '93...

I don't own a Miata currently, but I've had a few.

NB1 Miata
NA6 Miata
NA8 Miata

I've been looking for a 93LE for years. Looking for all original to buy and stash.

I had a '97 for two and a half years (doesn't sound like much, but it's the longest I've owned a car) before the FiST. Fantastic car. A friend of mine put in an offer on it before I had signed the FiST papers. Can't seem to find any good photos on my phone. Here's the best I can do for now... one outside of work and one with my copilot.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sorry, no pics now... might add some later.

I drove my 99ae for 5 years (60k miles) and sold it for my '16 black fist. I loved the miata, such a "drivers car". I feel the fist beats it in most ways though. Then, my wife wanted a fist. She got a '16 kona blue.

On a side note... we haven't driven or ridden in anything other than a fist for nearly a year. It's going to be a SHOCK to get back into a normal car. I drove my work truck and fist back to back for a few months... wow.... wow!

I had a 2000 Special Edition MX5, miss that car very much. I love my FiST, but my Miata was the most fun car I owned, albeit the least practical.

I am really on the fence right now. Part of me wants to keep the FiST, a car which can hold my entire family and is fun to drive. The other part of me wants to sell the FiST next year, and upgrade the wife's vehicle to something a little bigger and newer ('11 or so Expedition EL) and get another Miata for my DD and our date car. Ideally, a Miata would be a third, fun car for me, but not in the budget or practical at all since I'm active duty and we move every 3-4 years.

If I got another Miata, it would be 97ish or another 2000SE, and I would do a decent amount of work to it.

Hi just noticed this thread, yes I have both a 2016 Mountune ST3 & access to my wifes 2007 Mazda MX ZSport for the sunny days. Both great cars but had to downsize from Megane RS265 and before that a hatrick of Subaru`s.....god I miss those.