Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GI Gi: Konig hypergrams

Trader history for Bizzareo (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
These things would look EVIL in any version/size of a black color on a magnetic FiST!! [twothumb]

Yet another wheel I would have considered had I not already paid for my 1.2s. [:(]

Whichever Vendor (sponsor or not) gets this up and running is alright with me. I just want the wheels. I need new tires in two months and if Hypergrams are not a reality, I will get the Advanti's from http://www.bbwheelsonline.com/advan...matte-black-4x108-45mm-offset-79B-SM78108455/ as they seem to have the best price and free shipping.
Hypergrams vs Advantis
$158 vs $190 (both prices shipped)
Flowformed vs ?????(site doesn't mention)
16.3 lb. vs ?????(site doesn't mention)

I'd wait for the Hyps.

Hypergrams vs Advantis
$158 vs $190 (both prices shipped)
Flowformed vs ?????(site doesn't mention)
16.3 lb. vs ?????(site doesn't mention)

I'd wait for the Hyps.
Advanti's are 1.2lbs heavier per wheel. they are also flow formed. http://www.advantiwheel.com/advanti-dst/

There are few things in life that I am good at. Patience is not really one of them.

But yes, first choice is the Hyps because of the styling is more unique than the Storms. (but the storms do come in black. TBD on black for the Hyps)

OP
B
Thread Starter #66
Update from my end.

I've decided to run these as both street and race rims (I'm happy with the stock height). As such, I am ordering one set right now (racing season is coming quick). This will be good for us as a group for pics/fitment etc. I'll be ordering a second set in custom color.

Sylvan has had some conversations with Konig at will have an update soon :)

I also spoke with Konig yesterday, and had similar responses. They said at this point a 16X8 would not be likely for sometime.

DvC

Update from my end.

I've decided to run these as both street and race rims (I'm happy with the stock height). As such, I am ordering one set right now (racing season is coming quick). This will be good for us as a group for pics/fitment etc. I'll be ordering a second set in custom color.

Sylvan has had some conversations with Konig at will have an update soon :)

I also spoke with Konig yesterday, and had similar responses. They said at this point a 16X8 would not be likely for sometime.
where did you end up finding them?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
https://www.reddit.com/r/FiestaST/c...ust+for+those+who+thought+225/45/17+would+rub

This reddit post sold me. He's running 225/45/17 on meister R coils. Same specs for the rims, just Rota Titans
The thing is, at least as far as actual TREAD WIDTH goes, there are some 215/40-17s out there with WIDER tread widths than most of the 225/45-17s out there (and IF not wider, only .1"-.2" narrower), with MUCH less chance of rubbing since they are significantly shorter in overall diameter (usually OVER 1 full inch). ;)

Last edited:
perfect thats what I was looking for. I dont mind the 17s if they are light but the dumb tiny tires are getting on my nerves.

Is there an end all be all thread on this forum debating the different wheel sizes and tire options? I'm just getting into my fiesta and performance driving in general. So much research to do!

OP
B
Thread Starter #75
Is there an end all be all thread on this forum debating the different wheel sizes and tire options? I'm just getting into my fiesta and performance driving in general. So much research to do!
One of the stickies is pretty good in regards to fitment etc.

I'm going to be running these with Proxes R888R for auto cross HPDE, so we will see how they fit/rub

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
205/40-17

I am tempted to go to a 215, but my buyer for race tires has already put the 205's on order.
You also have the rubbing due to height issues with the 215/45s, depending on your suspension setup/compliance, especially if you use the track curbing at all. [wink]

I would not expect the 205/40s to rub at all, even with that offset, since the 888s in general, and the 888Rs specifically are not very wide in tread width for a given size (for some reason the Rs are even narrower than the regular 888s ).

soo any updates? i feel like the thread went cold.

(i'm down for 17x8 if it still matters)