Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First event on R compounds

Do you also run these Yoks on the street in the summer, or are they on dedicated, track only wheels??
I ran them on the street too. In 215/40x17, I made the mistake of running them at that low pressure because they grip much better than at normal, street pressures. With such small sidewalls, I bent 3 TD 1.2's and now just have the tires sitting in my garage. I've since gone to 15's so I can safely run lower pressures on the street.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ran them on the street too. In 215/40x17, I made the mistake of running them at that low pressure because they grip much better than at normal, street pressures. With such small sidewalls, I bent 3 TD 1.2's and now just have the tires sitting in my garage. I've since gone to 15's so I can safely run lower pressures on the street.
Thanks for that info. [thumb]

I guess these RS-RRs are going to be kept @ at least 40 front/36 rear, regardless of grip, in order to keep from destroying my 1.2s (or is even THAT not enough??).

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
My next event I will try lower pressures. I ran at 40 psi all the way around at the end of the day still had massive grip.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
My next event I will try lower pressures. I ran at 40 psi all the way around at the end of the day still had massive grip.

Did you have massive grip on first banked section? All I did was kill cones till my last two runs. My last run of day was prob my Best run ever with the fiesta. Looking forward to this coming weekend.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
How many races do you have on them? Whats your opinion?

With the 1.5? I just had one event so far. At first I didn't really like compared to re71. Initial turn in not quite as good as the 71 and I couldn't really get any noise feedback out of the 1.5. Maybe I wasn't pushing it hard enough lol. Towards end of day I started to get a little love for the 1.5 though and can't wait to run them in warmer temps this weekend.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
I had really good grip after the first run. Just poor driving made me smoke some cones.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
The slalom portions turning back uphill made the car want to swap ends if you weren't careful. I really enjoyed that section. It was tricky