Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hawk 5.0 brake pads

Anyone try these and have a comparison with the OEM dust queen pads? OEM pads have great grip, and leave dust like Hawk HP+ pads. I have a set of Hawk 5.o pads on my Scion FRS for DS autocross, and they are a great pad with good brake modulation and very low dust. I may switch my OEM pads out early, and hoped someone here had some installed and could offer a review. Thx

XuperXero

Running them now.

Performance seems to be same or similar as stock on the streets. The low dust is freaking amazing and on par with HPS level.
Haven't tracked it yet, but local guys running same pads on a local track said they'll last 15 minutes sessions fade free.

That doesn't seem to shabby for the less dust. IIRC, my stock pads lasted 20 minutes sessions on the same track before fading.

I also know that fellow member in Germany (I think Dr.Prutteklutt?) runs the same pads on Nurburgring with no complaints.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Does Hawk make the 5.0 pads for the rear as well? I can find them for the front, but nothing for a rear fitment.

Just out of curiosity, why are people concerned with performance brake pads dusting?

If I've learned anything, it's that good pads dust, and mediocre pads don't but they also aren't up to the task of performance driving.

Not bashing those that want a pad with less dust, but just trying to understand what the big deal is. If you have a performance car, isn't more dust from a better performing pad a given?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Just out of curiosity, why are people concerned with performance brake pads dusting?

If I've learned anything, it's that good pads dust, and mediocre pads don't but they also aren't up to the task of performance driving.

Not bashing those that want a pad with less dust, but just trying to understand what the big deal is. If you have a performance car, isn't more dust from a better performing pad a given?
Always been the way I understood the compromise. [wink] [thumb]

I can't really speak from personal experience when it comes to swapping pads to these types (just never needed to) but it seems that pads like the HPS or 5.0s not to mention the ceramics dust far less and still perform very well compared to OEM.

If you are referring to comparing this to something like a race pad then I completely get what your saying. This does coincide with deciding on what truly is better depending on the specific use. I can tell you many times when running aggressive pads and what happens when they don't have heat in them lol. If you never intend to, or never have the need for a pad with a higher heat range I don't see a problem with pads like the 5.0's.

I also know that fellow member in Germany (I think Dr.Prutteklutt?) runs the same pads on Nurburgring with no complaints.
I run Stock Pads and Discs on the Front for a Year now, with extra Cooling, Braided Brake Lines and Motul RBF660 Fluid it works good for me and its Cheap.
Befor i had Tarox F2000 Discs with Dixcel Pads and later Ferodo DS2500, never had the Hawk ones, but i would like to test them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Were the DS2500s streetable??

In other words, did you have any brakes BEFORE there was any heat into them on that first cold hit of the drive? [dunno]

I dont liked the DS2500, not because of the Performance but the Pads are to tiny and there was 5mm on the outer Edge of the Disc that was not touched by the Pad, so there was wasted Performance in my Opinion...