Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

fiesta rs just a rumor ???

Sadly most likely not. You will have to wait until the FoRS retires though, it has been said many times over 1 RS at a time. The worst part is I've heard more rumors about a RS SUV then a FiRS which is kind of depressing. Ford also stated a while back that they intend to build more RS vehicles and what they mean is instead of having a 7 year spread it may only be 4 between new models.

Good news, build your own. The parts are available to take the FiST to the next level while being a reasonable build. I paid 20K for mine and I honestly think 7k would get me there and besides things like interior differences or fancy stability modes you will still have better parts then what a FiRS would.

Other bad news, Fiesta sales are ok but not amazing. I also just received a notice from Ford saying they are ready for the expanding SUV market over the next 5 years with new models coming out. So there seems to be a change in the long term market and smaller cars are fading out again.

Could it happen yes, but I wouldn't hold you breath. I bought my FoST back in 2013 anticipating the FoRS. I figured 3 years and trade it in. Well back in 2011, the FoST came out a year later then I anticipated which I was following to purchase as a filler vehicle. Eagerly followed RS development before it was even a mainstream thought, when I had the FoST, when the RS finally came out took over a year to get here and extremely difficult to find a dealer to sell at MSRP, not to mention the horror stories of dealers backing out when the vehicle finally arrived. The other bad news is that unlike the FoRS the FiRS could potentially be Europe only, or extremely limited, a very likely possibility that needs to be considered. Either way, I'm not waiting for it and I'm not making any decisions based off the possibility it may come out.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I agree that the Fiesta RS won't happen. If one were to exist, it would be for the EU market only. I don't see Ford putting resources towards a super hot hatch version of the Fiesta that would compete in price with the Focus ST. The number of people that would really put down the money on a Fiesta RS is very limited. Remember the Focus RS, for 13 years now, everyone online said if the Focus RS came out, they would buy one. The Focus RS came out, and only a tiny percentage of those people actually would spend that level of money on a Focus. Do you really think people would spend a significant money on a very small car when they won't spend it on a larger car that is one of the best performance cars on the market? No, I don't think so.

A few years ago, there were test mules of Fiesta's running around with wide fender flares and everyone was saying that was the Fiesta RS. Turned out to be the EcoSport.

Butterybunz

The guy in charge of the RS and ST department flat out said that it will absolutely not happen in multiple interviews.