Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

300HP Goal

Hi guys I'm new to the forum and I bought a 2016 Fiesta St back in November and I want to get it to 300hp without doing too much to the turbo and wanted to know if anyone had any recommendations on what to do. Also I've been look at Mountune cams and was wondering if these provide any real performance improvements. Thanks!

A turbo upgrade is needed to achieve that magic dyno number. As of right now, there is no further information regarding the mountune cams, as far as I know.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

On second thought, maybe not that much money. Still interesting none the less.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Do you have an AP yet? Or how about a RMM and IC?

Install those and go with a stage 2 tune and see where to go from there. If E85 is readily available I'd go with a sratified E30 tune.

And then see where you should go with that.

Currently my next step is trying to lose some understeer. My mods have really changed the demeanor of my car and I really felt like I had to relearn how to drive it

Do you have an AP yet? Or how about a RMM and IC?

Install those and go with a stage 2 tune and see where to go from there. If E85 is readily available I'd go with a sratified E30 tune.

And then see where you should go with that.

Currently my next step is trying to lose some understeer. My mods have really changed the demeanor of my car and I really felt like I had to relearn how to drive it
What are you making? And what are your mods?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Check out the Sourskittle C39, bolt on, makes great power, very reasonable. Other than Nitros which is a pain in the arse to deal with and cannot carry much the turbo change is the only way to get 300WHP.

X47 is a great option as well, look into both.

I would go with the C39 and wish I did instead of the GT2560R DHM kit I am running now, after having the first and only DHM EFR, before that the first Cyborg which has grown up to be the C39.
If I could get enough for the DHM kit, which a bolt on GTX Gen 2 would be a killer setup and I might try it first, I would probably sell the whole kit and gather stock parts and get the C39.

Last edited:
OP
J
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for the reply! What does RMM stand for? And when you say stage 2 do you mean the OTS tune that comes off the AP?

Are you talking about 300 crank HP? Or wheel?

You can get to 300 crank HP for like under $2,500.

1. Cobb Accessport ($550)
2. Pro-tune ($200)
3. Depo DP ($180)
4. Depo IC ($320)
5. Cobb Filter ($40)
6. RMM ($200)
7. Used X37 (~$1,100)

Total: $2,590.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
X47 hybrid on e30 fuel will get you there the most affordable and reliable way.
Thats not guaranteed. It varies

Check out the Sourskittle C39, bolt on, makes great power, very reasonable. Other than Nitros which is a pain in the arse to deal with and cannot carry much the turbo change is the only way to get 300WHP.

X47 is a great option as well, look into both.

I would go with the C39 and wish I did instead of the GT2560R DHM kit I am running now, after having the first and only DHM, before that the first Cyborg which has grown up to be the C39.
If I could get enough for the DHM kit, which a bolt on GTX Gen 2 would be a killer setup and I might try it first, I would probably sell the whole kit and gather stock parts and get the C39.
Agree

Are you talking about 300 crank HP? Or wheel?

You can get to 300 crank HP for like under $2,500.

1. Cobb Accessport ($550)
2. Pro-tune ($200)
3. Depo DP ($180)
4. Depo IC ($320)
5. Cobb Filter ($40)
6. RMM ($200)
7. Used X37 (~$1,100)

Total: $2,590.
Used x37's are hard to find. IF i could do it all over again I would go with the 360R kit from deadhook. 300+ on 93 pump. That is the perfect setup

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Update and edited my last post.
I had the first and only DHM EFR and now wish I had kept it as the tune could of been far better, according to VDyno it made 320 WHP on 91 at 4700 ft which is damn good but it spooled late and hard making it tough to drive in some situations. The new owner used a better tuner and fixed the bottom end a great deal, still some lag but far better and smoother so more controllable when it did kick in.

Knowing what I now know I wish I had stuck to my original plan and built my own manifold for the EFR as it would of been equal length within mm's and a twin scroll like the last manifold I spent 50 hours on. The EFR can work perfectly well with its built in WG and Bypass valve so it would of been relatively easy.

I am going back to dept free so I can stay and enjoy being retired more and having one vehicle that I love but just to small when we have two 100lb dogs, go over the snowy mountains in the winter, I just need something different so the car is going back up for sale soon, $50k, at least 1,000 hours but likely many more invested, 15k miles on it now, going to lose my arse on it but I need something else and where I live you can hardly have fun without being seen by an LEO or reported and they are starting to know the car.

IF I was in the right place and time in life to keep it the GTX2860R Gen 2 would already be on it but I can make that happen for the lucky one that wants a very developed car for CHEAP!

OK, back on topic, C39 for lower cost and damn good power band, GTX2860R Gen 2 for those wanting more top end and good response, possibly custom EFR to save some weight, cooling less of a burden, right setup would be killer but might be a bit over the top in cost in the end.

hmm 300? I have a x37 with a premium map slot and a e30 slot. actual strap down to the dyno numbers with me and the tuner in the car. 220hp and 255hp. the 255hp slot is very rpm responsive. the car seems to loose traction at the top of each gear shift. I cannot imagine what 300 to the wheels would be like. for spirited everyday driving I prefer the lamer premium gas slot. boyracer.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Update and edited my last post.
I had the first and only DHM EFR and now wish I had kept it as the tune could of been far better, according to VDyno it made 320 WHP on 91 at 4700 ft which is damn good but it spooled late and hard making it tough to drive in some situations. The new owner used a better tuner and fixed the bottom end a great deal, still some lag but far better and smoother so more controllable when it did kick in.

Knowing what I now know I wish I had stuck to my original plan and built my own manifold for the EFR as it would of been equal length within mm's and a twin scroll like the last manifold I spent 50 hours on. The EFR can work perfectly well with its built in WG and Bypass valve so it would of been relatively easy.

I am going back to dept free so I can stay and enjoy being retired more and having one vehicle that I love but just to small when we have two 100lb dogs, go over the snowy mountains in the winter, I just need something different so the car is going back up for sale soon, $50k, at least 1,000 hours but likely many more invested, 15k miles on it now, going to lose my arse on it but I need something else and where I live you can hardly have fun without being seen by an LEO or reported and they are starting to know the car.

IF I was in the right place and time in life to keep it the GTX2860R Gen 2 would already be on it but I can make that happen for the lucky one that wants a very developed car for CHEAP!

OK, back on topic, C39 for lower cost and damn good power band, GTX2860R Gen 2 for those wanting more top end and good response, possibly custom EFR to save some weight, cooling less of a burden, right setup would be killer but might be a bit over the top in cost in the end.
Great post Raam. You are one of the few memebers who have tried almost every combination

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thanks, it has been fun but pretty costly to try so many things. I will sure miss this car and being a part of this great forum, my focus is on remodeling our RV for off the grid luxury living and then I might have to do some sort of dirt road rig for fun.

IF parting it out could be sorted out well enough I would consider keeping it but there are so many one off mods, fit only this car, to built in to remove........I was only going to do a few simple things to it, right:)

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thanks, it has been fun but pretty costly to try so many things. I will sure miss this car and being a part of this great forum, my focus is on remodeling our RV for off the grid luxury living and then I might have to do some sort of dirt road rig for fun.

IF parting it out could be sorted out well enough I would consider keeping it but there are so many one off mods, fit only this car, to built in to remove........I was only going to do a few simple things to it, right:)
I need that IC setup! lol