Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Installing Apps on SYNC/MyFord Touch

I just picked up my car and have been enjoying it immensely. One quick question: On the SYNC/MyFordTouch settings screen there is an option for "Installing Applications." What does this do? The owners manual was not very helpful. Thanks.

I always wondered this myself,I think we can download some kind of "ford" apps or something like that. Give it a couple of days and I can guarantee someone like MK or somebody will chime in with the right info.

-ry

Harvick

1000 Post Club
There was a thread on here a few months ago and as of now theres no Applinc support for our cars that enable us to upload apps.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Its too bad, I'd love to get a spotify app on there so it would display album art and I could use sync to control it rather than fumble around with my phone.

Hey everyone,

The Install Apps option on MyFord Touch is used to manually start an update, or for dealers to re-install navigation, SYNC Services, Vehicle Health Report, and 911 Assist. I hope this information helps!

Rebecca

Hey everyone,

The Install Apps option on MyFord Touch is used to manually start an update, or for dealers to re-install navigation, SYNC Services, Vehicle Health Report, and 911 Assist. I hope this information helps!

Rebecca
thanks for the reply Rebecca! any possibility of future apps like pandora? just got my car and I believe the FoST has it but the FiST doesn't?

rexdriver85

This would be a bummer since Ford seems to have ditched MFT for SYNC3 which does have application support.

SYNC3 is completely redesigned and way more powerful. They have ditched Microsoft as well for a Blackberry QNX platform. HVAC looks to be integrated into the system as well.

It's kind of crappy that this is my first new car ever and the infotainment system in it is being replaced next model year. Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles. It would have been nice to get the new system on a car I will most likely keep 10 years lol.

I hope they will issue updates or revisions at least.

thanks for the reply Rebecca! any possibility of future apps like pandora? just got my car and I believe the FoST has it but the FiST doesn't?
You're welcome! We currently don't have plans to add AppLink to MyFord Touch, but you should still be able to listen to apps like Pandora via the Bluetooth and USB audio sources.

This would be a bummer since Ford seems to have ditched MFT for SYNC3 which does have application support.

SYNC3 is completely redesigned and way more powerful. They have ditched Microsoft as well for a Blackberry QNX platform. HVAC looks to be integrated into the system as well.

It's kind of crappy that this is my first new car ever and the infotainment system in it is being replaced next model year. Oh well that's how the cookie crumbles. It would have been nice to get the new system on a car I will most likely keep 10 years lol.

I hope they will issue updates or revisions at least.
We will continue to support and update all of our current SYNC systems. :)

Rebecca

rexdriver85

You're welcome! We currently don't have plans to add AppLink to MyFord Touch, but you should still be able to listen to apps like Pandora via the Bluetooth and USB audio sources.

We will continue to support and update all of our current SYNC systems. :)

Rebecca
Thanks for the response Rebecca. [emoji109]