Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My fix and solution for my 2016 intake cel codes p144c

Well I just got back from my trip today, where I did just under 400 miles.

My speed varied, as did the temperatures. and altitudes, here in Southern California, from driving on Routes 14, 58, and 99, at up 80 mph, w/temperatures in the mid 70's, to driving on mountain back roads up in the Sequoia National Forest, at speeds of around 20 to 30 mph, and w/temperature at a low of 42 F. The altitudes varied from around 2000 ft above sea level to an estimated 7000.

I didn't have any problems, issues, nor got any error code(s) w/the 2015 Fiesta ST evaporate hose on my 2016, w/all the varying conditions I put it through today.

Last edited:
Those of you who ordered from Tasca or otherwise, about how long did it take before they were in-transit from the warehouse to you? I imagine this is a special order item. I installed the cp-e intake a week ago and just.. capped everything off to drive home, but the car has been sitting parked since then since obviously the state I left it in wasn't great. no CEL came on on that drive home at least (bit over 30 miles)

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Thanks Xkrfiesta for doing the research for everyone. Got my evap line this week and on the car ! The transit time for me was about 10 days, I ordered it directly from Ford Parts online.

Mine took about that long as well. I installed on thursday and then put a few hundred miles on the car in varied climates (from 90F to snow). I did put gs in maybe 20 miles after installing the part and immediately got a check engine light, but it was because i forgot to plug in the electrical harness on the new what i gather is the purge control valve. Cleared it with the accessport and was fine after that. EVAP system and all others report as "ready" now.

Update.

I just got back from a long vacation trip, over 2000 miles round trip, and I'm happy to report, not a single issue.

I may also note, that I've switched over to 5W-30 synthetic oil before I left, and once again no issues. The engine sounds a little quieter thanks to the heavier weight oil, and I feel a lot more comfortable running it vs. the 5W-20.

I'm hoping to get my Cobb Cat Back Exhaust installed this coming weekend.

A7xogg

Update.

I just got back from a long vacation trip, over 2000 miles round trip, and I'm happy to report, not a single issue.

I may also note, that I've switched over to 5W-30 synthetic oil before I left, and once again no issues. The engine sounds a little quieter thanks to the heavier weight oil, and I feel a lot more comfortable running it vs. the 5W-20.

I was gonna ask if you logged your oil temps but NVM, you don't have an access port

I just want to say THANK YOU so much for this thread. I have spent countless hours and money purchasing "fixes" and modifying them trying to get this CEL situation resolved. While the fix from Whoosh did prolong the CEL to about every 10 days, rather than every 2 days on the hoses included my intake, I'm glad I will no longer have to just block off the connection from the cold side IC.

Update.

This is off topic from the intake issue..... but if you have never done the exhaust yet, you may be in for a treat. I got a Mountune CBE on sale for Black Friday and just installed it about a month ago (when the weather finally started getting nice here in Jersey). The 2 nuts securing the stock mid-pipe to the down-pipe wouldn't come completely off so I thought, I'll just cut them off. That part wasn't too hard. The hard part was that what I thought were bolts (on the down-pipe flange) were actually pressed in studs. Could not get them out to save my life. Luckily, the exhaust fit so snug that the noise wasn't terrible driving home from my buddy's house. The next morning went to Midas and had the studs torched out (well worth the $50 given the amount of torture I went through the day before). Just a warning. Also, the Cobb exhaust hangers were well worth the investment. There is no movement in my exhaust at all.

This is off topic from the intake issue..... but if you have never done the exhaust yet, you may be in for a treat. I got a Mountune CBE on sale for Black Friday and just installed it about a month ago (when the weather finally started getting nice here in Jersey). The 2 nuts securing the stock mid-pipe to the down-pipe wouldn't come completely off so I thought, I'll just cut them off. That part wasn't too hard. The hard part was that what I thought were bolts (on the down-pipe flange) were actually pressed in studs. Could not get them out to save my life. Luckily, the exhaust fit so snug that the noise wasn't terrible driving home from my buddy's house. The next morning went to Midas and had the studs torched out (well worth the $50 given the amount of torture I went through the day before). Just a warning. Also, the Cobb exhaust hangers were well worth the investment. There is no movement in my exhaust at all.
I'm having it installed by Cobb, which includes their hangers as well.

I'm having it installed by Cobb, which includes their hangers as well.
Awesome route to go! I've got no performance shops or places I really trust near me so it's always a buddy's driveway with the car jacked up when it comes to upgrades.

This might be dumb but are you still using the extra tube that Mishimoto provided for the 2016? I have the updated plug as well they said would fix my issue but I ran it for over a month with no issues and it's come back now.

Funny enough.... my CEL finally came back on yesterday on the way home. Just got the evap line from Tasca today and got it all installed. Cleared the code with the Torque app on my phone and keeping fingers crossed (though after all the posts in this thread I am more than confident this will do the trick). On a side note, I absolutely hate quick connectors on the cold side IC pipe. Had to get the bypass connector off that came with my Whoosh "fix" kit and damn, destroyed my hand in the process.

more than 50% of the miles on my car have been with this "mod" in place, all is still well. Another vote of confidence here

So glad I came across this thread! Wondered about this from the get go, but assumed it wouldn't work as I was certain aftermarket companies would have already attempted this. Big props on getting this squared away for everyone.

Only remaining question I have is do I need to get a 2014/15 intake, or a 2016 one? Or are they one in the same when you take the special PCV fix stuff out of the equation?

So glad I came across this thread! Wondered about this from the get go, but assumed it wouldn't work as I was certain aftermarket companies would have already attempted this. Big props on getting this squared away for everyone.

Only remaining question I have is do I need to get a 2014/15 intake, or a 2016 one? Or are they one in the same when you take the special PCV fix stuff out of the equation?

I don't think anyone makes one specifically for the 2016/2017 models.

I've driven over 3000 miles now w/the 2015 Fiesta ST Evaporate Hose on my 2016, w/no issues what so ever.

installed my 2015 hose a couple days ago, so far so good. reminds me i need to get my money back from MAP for their 'adapter'...

I don't think anyone makes one specifically for the 2016/2017 models.

I've driven over 3000 miles now w/the 2015 Fiesta ST Evaporate Hose on my 2016, w/no issues what so ever.
That's not true...Mishimoto, Cobb, and MAP (and possibly others now) all make 2016 specific intakes.

What I was meaning was I can run basically any intake for a 2014/2015 if I run the 2014/2015 evap hose assy correct?

That's not true...Mishimoto, Cobb, and MAP (and possibly others now) all make 2016 specific intakes.

What I was meaning was I can run basically any intake for a 2014/2015 if I run the 2014/2015 evap hose assy correct?
They all have an Intake designed only for the 2014/2015 model years, but have come out w/a Special Intake Adapter to be used w/it, for the 2016/2017 model years. I don't know of anyone who has come out w/one TOTALLY designed SPECIFICALLY for the 2016/2017 model years. If there is, it must be new.

I'm running a 2014/2015 Mountune High Flow Induction Hose, using a Ford Evaporate Hose for a 2015, on my 2016. I don't know if the Evaporate Hose for the 2014 is the same as the 2015.

Last time I checked, everyone was still having some kind of a problem, and/or issue, w/their Special Intake Adapter for the 2016/2017 model years. Using the Evaporate Hose from a 2015 Fiesta ST seems to be doing the job, w/no issues that I have read about, nor encountered personally, up to this point.

I think you sort of answered my original question without intending to lol. Basically the difference between 2014/15 and 16+ intakes are the evap shenanigans that come with it.