Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My fix and solution for my 2016 intake cel codes p144c

I think you sort of answered my original question without intending to lol. Basically the difference between 2014/15 and 16+ intakes are the evap shenanigans that come with it.
That appears to be the case.

As to why Ford changed it, perhaps cost??? Who knows.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
As the function is the same I suspect it was $$, either in manufacturing or parts costs. The difference seems to be in 2016 the one way valve was placed on the intake tube for whatever reason. The ECU sees all the right things with the 2015 hose and nothing is bypassed. The Ford part is not a "fix" is is a direct replacement when using a 2015 intake tube and in no way alters emissions like some "fixes". Not cheap but quality seldom is........

Yeah I'm certain it was some sort of manufacturing savings as well. Went ahead and ordered the 2015 hose assy and K&N intake. Granted I haven't installed or run anything yet, but to me running this hose assy is the proper way to do it when changing intakes on a 2016+ FiST. No need to bypass or do a mediocre fix from another company.

OP
X
Thread Starter #45
2.5 months and no issues. This all tells you how little research some of these aftermarket companies put into the parts they make or the engines they design some parts for. Even when I tried to explain my findings to them, they refused to listen. I am glad my car is happy and it's working for you guys.

When I had my cpe intake installed on my 2016 , it was rigged up to work and I also believe the ck. engine lights were shut off through tuner .

If I go buy this hosing part and put it on , will my car still run ok ? And after install do i have to ask for the tuner to turn the stuff back on in the cars computer ?

OP
X
Thread Starter #47
When I had my cpe intake installed on my 2016 , it was rigged up to work and I also believe the ck. engine lights were shut off through tuner .

If I go buy this hosing part and put it on , will my car still run ok ? And after install do i have to ask for the tuner to turn the stuff back on in the cars computer ?
Just ask the guys that installed it what they did. You don't just turn off a check engine light. That would be bad. You can turn off things like the 02 sensors for catless downpipes and such, not sure you can turn off the evap sensor stuff selectively, maybe you can. This hose should work, and if they did turn the evap codes off somehow, have them turned back on after the hose is installed.

So the part number is D2BZ-9C047-E ? It shows up as a Fuel Feed when I do a search. Just want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing.

So the part number is D2BZ-9C047-E ? It shows up as a Fuel Feed when I do a search. Just want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing.
Yep just confirmed from my order confirmation emails from tasca, says fuel feed. D2BZ-9C047-E. Still happily without check engine light here. Hope no more 2016+ owners waste money on any other solutions.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I'm new to these cars and I just now found out a lot of performance parts don't fit my car

I'm learning about my cars slowly. But this is the first I've heard of these hoes things

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Mostly intake and oil catch cans which has me worried if it's more
You have many choices on both. Search the Forum. I can't think of much you would want to do that the parts are not available from multiple sources. Just search the forum for info....

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
All your big name brands don't fit 2017. The main oil catch can I was interested in was Boomba and I called them and they promised there is no way it would work.

Cobb states their intake fits 2017 but on this very forum multiple people claiming it's junk and doesn't work. Same for the Mishi