Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

mountune rear spoiler extension fitment

AzNightmare

For those that have these:

I just did a test fitment, do you guys also have fitment issues like these?

Gaps that are about a few millimeters. May be able to be pushed down after installation, but hard to tell right now.

Looks like dirt can get in there easily over time and there's really no way to get it out afterward.
Also notice the gaps on the spoiler, similar to above pic (but the gaps aren't quite as bad on this side).

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #4
I'll go check mine but from what I remember with the provided glue those mm gaps are eliminated with a non removable seal.
Thanks. If you can take some pics too, that would be awesome.
And please check that open void by the 3rd brake light too. Seems weird it would be that open for debris and dirt to just get in.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thanks. If you can take some pics too, that would be awesome.
And please check that open void by the 3rd brake light too. Seems weird it would be that open for debris and dirt to just get in.
I will try to get pictures. Also tape the area well before applying the glue (as seen in this post) to help control where the glue ends up.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/5318-CG-s-daily-fun-ride?p=91820&viewfull=1#post91820

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Forgot to take a picture but the look is the same. However the glue did fill the gap nicely and can barely see the difference between the wing and the extensions.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #7
Forgot to take a picture but the look is the same. However the glue did fill the gap nicely and can barely see the difference between the wing and the extensions.
Thanks for the prompt response.

I had these. I use double sided tape so i could take them off (which came in handy when i total my car cuz of an unlicensed underage driver running a stop sign). Came out as good as ot does with the glue. Anyways paint match these. Looks a million times better and they look cheap as hell the way they are.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #11
I had these. I use double sided tape so i could take them off (which came in handy when i total my car cuz of an unlicensed underage driver running a stop sign). Came out as good as ot does with the glue. Anyways paint match these. Looks a million times better and they look cheap as hell the way they are.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
I may go that route with 3M tape if you didn't have any problems with it. Sorry to hear about your car, I remember seeing it in the FotM. Did you get a new FiST?

I may go that route with 3M tape if you didn't have any problems with it. Sorry to hear about your car, I remember seeing it in the FotM. Did you get a new FiST?
3m tape works perfect for me. Never had a single issue and i had it on for over an year. Yea got another fist. I bought our own admins boostbump FiST. It was a steal. Below are pics of my white one with the mountune spoiler extension paint match and on my race red FiST i decided to go a different route. Is the fifteen52 extension.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #13
3m tape works perfect for me. Never had a single issue and i had it on for over an year. Yea got another fist. I bought our own admins boostbump FiST. It was a steal. Below are pics of my white one with the mountune spoiler extension paint match and on my race red FiST i decided to go a different route. Is the fifteen52 extension.

Thanks for the tip! Your new car is looking good!

After reading this thread, i kinda feel dumb now.. 2 issues - i have the gap as well + i threw the glue in the garbage because i thought it was too dry. It was impossible to spread. I went to canadiantire and got another bonding adhesive. Will this be an issue?

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #15
After reading this thread, i kinda feel dumb now.. 2 issues - i have the gap as well + i threw the glue in the garbage because i thought it was too dry. It was impossible to spread. I went to canadiantire and got another bonding adhesive. Will this be an issue?
Really depends on what kind of bonding adhesive and whether it can withstand weathering long term.
I'm planning to go with 3M tape. The mountune sales rep actually said he personally prefers that cause the adhesive do expire and dry out depending on how long it's been in the warehouse and the bond is pretty much "permanent".

I personally got the 30 lbs strength 3M tape from CanadianTire. I haven't stuck mine on yet though. Still trying to get them painted first but I haven't had time.

Really depends on what kind of bonding adhesive and whether it can withstand weathering long term.
I'm planning to go with 3M tape. The mountune sales rep actually said he personally prefers that cause the adhesive do expire and dry out depending on how long it's been in the warehouse and the bond is pretty much "permanent".

I personally got the 30 lbs strength 3M tape from CanadianTire. I haven't stuck mine on yet though. Still trying to get them painted first but I haven't had time.
I agree.. that's true! The lady at the counter recommended I buy this one.

http://canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/e6000-automotive-industrial-adhesive-59-1-ml-0380004p.html

I should have looked into the 3M tapes as well.

OP
AzNightmare

AzNightmare

Thread Starter #17
I agree.. that's true! The lady at the counter recommended I buy this one.

http://canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/e6000-automotive-industrial-adhesive-59-1-ml-0380004p.html

I should have looked into the 3M tapes as well.
Looks reliable... is even Non-Flamable! :D
I suggest to always check reviews online and YouTube to see what people say about it. It's advertised as a permanent bond so if that is what you want, it sounds like it should hold up.
You can also refund it and switch to 3M as well, whichever you prefer.

Looks reliable... is even Non-Flamable! :D
I suggest to always check reviews online and YouTube to see what people say about it. It's advertised as a permanent bond so if that is what you want, it sounds like it should hold up.
You can also refund it and switch to 3M as well, whichever you prefer.
Thanks buddy! Appreciate that[emoji482][emoji1360]