Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Engine Compartment Heat Question

Just got a '15 FiST yesterday. Drove home after work ~15min, spirited but not aggressive drive home, and about 30 minutes later went to check out the engine bay, and to my surprise the compartment was still scorching hot. I couldn't even use the hood prop because it was so hot. Is this normal? This is the first turbo car I've owned so not sure what is normal vs. overheating.

Edit: Also not super hot today in North Texas, high 70s.

Thanks!

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
Interesting, thanks for the quick responses. I'll keep an eye on engine temp and coolant levels (levels are fine right now), and drive off boost/idle for a few minutes at the end of my drives.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Interesting, thanks for the quick responses. I'll keep an eye on engine temp and coolant levels (levels are fine right now), and drive off boost/idle for a few minutes at the end of my drives.
The heat of the turbo will not register on the AP. But think all the hot gases from the exhaust pass through it. It will get hot. Normal driving will pass cooler air through it to cool it(since it will be mainly from intake) down.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
The heat of the turbo will not register on the AP. But think all the hot gases from the exhaust pass through it. It will get hot. Normal driving will pass cooler air through it to cool it(since it will be mainly from intake) down.
Last few days I've been staying off boost on the tail end of my drives, I think it's helping substantially, the engine is still hot (obviously, it's an ICE) but not scalding anymore. Thanks for the advice!

Ford Community Posts