Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First time owner of a car from the 2000s.

My first car was a 1990 Volvo 740. That managed to die when I was attending school in Manhattan and living in North Jersey. After that I sorta floundered without a vehicle for a while until I moved back to my parents house. My grandmother offered up my grandfather's 1999 Ford Ranger one day since she knew that I may need a vehicle to get around. Mind you, my grandfather died back in 2004 so the truck was just sitting there for basically 6-7 years in her driveway. My uncle would take it out every now and then for a drive just to keep it from going. When I acquired the truck it had a little over 64,000 miles on it. So yea, a 1999 Ford Ranger in 2010 with that many miles on it was perfect. It wasn't the prettiest of vehicles on the road but I loved driving it. It had manual everything, rear wheel drive, a cap on the back, and it hauled things well. It wasn't fast by any means, but the manual transmission made it fun to drive. Anyway, long story short I drove that truck for 7 years....7 YEARS! We had a long history together, but 139,254 miles later I had to say farewell. It served its purpose, but I had to get something new.

I knew I wanted to get another Ford for sure. In the past when I was toying with the idea of getting a new car, I had always pictured myself getting an early 90s Miata. My brother had one and I loved that car. But after dealing with issues with my truck I just felt that getting something used wouldn't be the way to go. (Don't get me wrong I still want that Miata lol). The Ford Fiesta ST was always a car I had a lot of interest in when it first hit the roads. I loved the way they looked, and the size of the car was perfect since I live in a pretty urban area. I knew this was the enthusiast car for me after checking out tons of reviews and finally taking one for a test drive last Saturday. I was pretty much sold at that point, it had everything I could ask for out of a small car.

So yea, here I am, a proud owner of a 2017 Ford Fiesta ST. I have paid my dues for this car in more ways than one. It sure does feel good to have this thing. When I walk away from it, I always turn around to take a second look and I'm just like, damn -- thats mine. I look forward to being apart of this community and getting to know other ST enthusiasts like myself.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard.

LILIKE16ST

Cool story this was my first new vehicle as well. I had an 86 tbird first followed by a 94 s10 a 91 Honda prelude si three 89 mustang gt 5.0 5 speed a 1997 mustang cobra a 94 and 95 gt mustang all of which were 5 speed. None of these were in the 2000s either until I got a 2003 Mach 1 mustang. Had it a year blew a head gasket and ended up selling it as is and breaking even (got a real good deal on the car with minor front end damage which I had my uncle fix cheap) then moved on to another 2003 only this time it was a bone stock red svt focus with 92k on the clock and well maintained. Had the car 3 years and 50+ k miles and bought my first brand new car in April of 2016 a shadow black fiesta st with black wheels and NAV the only options and sold my friend the SVT a month later. Your story reminded me of mine somewhat because until 2012 I didn't have anything in the 2000s either and even then it was two different 2003s and this was my first new car. Been driving since 1999 btw.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome aboard you will love the car it's truly amazing in every way in particular for the price. It is a classic for sure