Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Canards

Woods247

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=7775]Swiftfist[/MENTION] would please snap a few more pics with your cell phone and post them up?

OP
Swiftfist
Thread Starter #22
[MENTION=7775]Swiftfist[/MENTION] would please snap a few more pics with your cell phone and post them up?
Cars a bit dirty but here ya go. The rod runs up in front of the intercooler and behind the front bumper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

OP
Swiftfist
Thread Starter #23

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Here's the pages on it from their installation instructions. https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Lower-Front-Splitter-Fiesta-ST-2014-17-p/2364-fs-aa.htm

Thanks! [thumb]

I never knew their setup had this support rod piece included.

I still think their splitter/'lip' does not protrude far enough out in front to actually create front downforce, despite this brace/support, as high quality as it may be otherwise. ;)

OP
Swiftfist
Thread Starter #25
Thanks! [thumb]

I never knew their setup had this support rod piece included.

I still think their splitter/'lip' does not protrude far enough out in front to actually create front downforce, despite this brace/support, as high quality as it may be otherwise. ;)
Ya it's nice that it has it. Mountune is a nightmare to deal w though. I ordered their brake kit and 3 months later ended up having to file a bbb complaint and dispute the charge with my credit card company.

But ya you're probably right haha it's daily driven though. If I eventually turn it into a track car I'd probably mount a splitter/undertray underneath and extend it out farther.

I love the look of it though and the functionality is sound. Like you said it's not going to produce massive downforce but at least it's well designed and will produce some.. Theoretically haha

I saw a show car at formula d long Beach w a cardboard splitter painted black so it's better than that haha

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Oops. I should've specified that I was requesting pics of the canards lol! The front lip pic gave me an idea though, thanks! I may try that with my new Maxton

OP
Swiftfist
Thread Starter #27
Oops. I should've specified that I was requesting pics of the canards lol! The front lip pic gave me an idea though, thanks! I may try that with my new Maxton
My bad lol last two you can see the rubber seal w the body and one of the mounting tabs on the back

$180? I mean sketchy universal ebay canards are $250. Voltex canards are $450+ (don't have any specifally for our car). But ya they're not for everyone but I'm happy w mine.

The sketchy universal eBay ones are carbon fibre. Im sure ill pick up a $20 piece of aluminum and grab some extra trim thats laying around a build a set before I toss down that kinda coin on aluminum canards.

Cool that companies are starting to make more for the fiesta, but a lot of price points are out of whack for what your getting.

OP
Swiftfist
Thread Starter #32
The sketchy universal eBay ones are carbon fibre. Im sure ill pick up a $20 piece of aluminum and grab some extra trim thats laying around a build a set before I toss down that kinda coin on aluminum canards.

Cool that companies are starting to make more for the fiesta, but a lot of price points are out of whack for what your getting.
Wish I trusted myself w fabricating them. I would definitely fuck them up haha

If you end up making them I'd love to see them! I'm sure they'd look great!

They're not for everyone. I wanted them and found a company that was able to make them and do it right. It's a product that wasn't available for our car and figured I'd share for those that are interested.

Izzy

quick ?...can these canards be installed without taking the bumper off?

Izzy

Here's some more pics of them. Probably a placebo effect but the front end does feel a bit more planted at highway speeds. Aeroflow dynamics was waiting for me to send them more pics so hopefully they'll have them listed tomorrow or early next week.

From my experience with my Vega canards there is truly more front down force especially after 50mph.

A few pics of mine...at an angle they're barely visible. They follow the body line very well.

20191107_174010.jpg 20191106_083936.jpg 20191106_083945.jpg

Last edited: