Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Final service under warranty what should they check??

My 2014 FiST is about to hit the 60,000km mark which is the end of the dealer warrenty coverage. Should have got the extended when I bought the car lol. I've had tons of issues over the first two years, breaks fixed twice for seasing on no grease they claimed, had the fuel tank vaccume sensor replased in the forst six months, had the throttle assembly have to be totally replaced. And full replacment of rear break everything 1.5 years in.
I would love to get it checked out stem to stern and before I do Im looking for input on what I should do cause the dealership I deal with sucks and I dont trust them to do a good job.
Thanks James

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Final Check ? Treat it as though it's a used car and you're looking at the car for the first time and are considering it for purchase. Part of that usually entails having a third-party mechanic look it over but can skip going that far with it.

It's still pretty new though so should be good but if you're simply wanting better piece of mind...

Look over the maintenance schedule in the manual.
Look over all rubber, especially CV boots for tears or cracking.
Taking road slant for water drainage into account, natural depressions in the roadways, does it steer straight?
Do any of the tires have an unusual wear pattern?
Shavings in fluids ?
Not likely to get paint issues, or have any addressed but worse they can say is no. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10069-Paint-problem
Any missing undercoat ?
Check the sunroof for unusual noises.
Check all of your switches including rear-window controls.
Any unusual noises from the ventilation control actuators; both functioning?
If the automatic setting for HVAC always comes on a full-blast, supposedly there's a reflash available for that.
Stick your head under the hood and listen for A/C compressor dis/engagement.
Check that all lines of the rear defrost, both heated mirrors are 100% functional.
Both window washers function.
Look for history codes via OBD connector.
Wheel-chock the vehicle, jack each wheel off the ground and roll it by hand.
Hand brake locking *both* rear wheels?
Rotors and pads okay?
Exhaust hangers all present?
Any evidence of oil loss from shocks?

If there are any complaints at all, make sure that the Service Manager enters them on your in-warranty mileage record, even if warranty is not covering it.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Awesome thanks so much I'll be sure to do all of that!! Also I heard to do a long trip inspection on your vehicle it costs about $170 (can) but if they find an issue its free.