Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Curb rash

Im soooo sad!!! On Thursday i hit the curb and scrapped my passanger side rear black rim. Ever since I've been looking for place/ how to fix it. Its driving me insane!!! Suggestions in how to do this?

image1.JPG

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
At the very least you could buy some black touch up paint, smooth it a little with a Dremel grinder wheel, and make it look less noticeable.
(MUCH harder to find matching touch up paint for the Rado color wheels, so you are lucky in that respect. ;) )

From what I've seen, most places (near me anyways) want MORE THAN what a new wheel (discounted, NOT from the stealership!) would cost, to fix something like that. [:(]

I would probably just find a new one, or a perfect condition used one, and keep that one for possible spare tire use (not sure it would fit in the well or not).

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I was able to get some curb rash fixed on another car I have by calling a mobile wheel repair service for about $80 per wheel. I found them through a local car dealer. They often go to dealerships to work on used cars that will be for sale or on customers' cars. It was a helpful service and the wheel looked perfect, but the damage was smaller than yours.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was able to get some curb rash fixed on another car I have by calling a mobile wheel repair service for about $80 per wheel. I found them through a local car dealer. They often go to dealerships to work on used cars that will be for sale or on customers' cars. It was a helpful service and the wheel looked perfect, but the damage was smaller than yours.
Yes, that's not bad at all, like you said, IF they could fix Viau's level of damage.

At the very least you could buy some black touch up paint, smooth it a little with a Dremel grinder wheel, and make it look less noticeable.
(MUCH harder to find matching touch up paint for the Rado color wheels, so you are lucky in that respect. ;) )

From what I've seen, most places (near me anyways) want MORE THAN what a new wheel (discounted, NOT from the stealership!) would cost, to fix something like that. [:(]

I would probably just find a new one, or a perfect condition used one, and keep that one for possible spare tire use (not sure it would fit in the well or not).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIESTA-ST-A...ash=item210850a53e:g:VIMAAOSwoudW4xMt&vxp=mtr

I bought some. About the closest match I have found...

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Speaking from personal experience with the rear-passenger, rubber, road grime, brake dust, and a 215 wide tire hide it a little better. I actually have to look for it at this point.

Zormecteon

Mine were rashed much worse than that. I had ALLOY WHEEL REPAIR fix them up. They came out perfect. Not cheap, but I have some Motegi wheels that are no longer available so it was cheaper to get them fixed than to replace all four.

OP
Viau
Thread Starter #10
WOW Guys!! Thank you for the input and suggestions! I am tempted to see how mich is the tuxedo black paint in the dealership. I will definitely do this myself since in OK nobody dies this kind of rim work. also im curious to see if the used car delaers aroond here have that kind of service! Thanks for all the suggestions!!

just sand it down and use a little filler then touchup paint. Its easy once you fix one.

protip: mask everything with masking tape. you dont really want to drip paint somewhere you dont want paint to be nor do you want to sand too far. use a block eraser as a sanding block... only sand enough to smooth it out a little and to even out the filler. you can try the bumper filler as they have a but more flex than rock hard bondo, and its pre mixed most of the time so you cant mess up the ratio.

This is what I found as well. Once I realized how much it was going to cost to fix, I just stopped caring. Now all my wheels are rashed and I'm ok with it haha. I have the silver ones though, so it's not as noticeable. Any black touch up paint is going to look better than the bare aluminum on black wheels though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is what I found as well. Once I realized how much it was going to cost to fix, I just stopped caring. Now all my wheels are rashed and I'm ok with it haha. I have the silver ones though, so it's not as noticeable. Any black touch up paint is going to look better than the bare aluminum on black wheels though.
Yeah, it would bother me If these were going to be my ONLY set of wheels.

But since they are going to become 'intermediate' weather rollers, with a UHP all season permanently mounted on them, and be used along with a set of pure summer aftermarket wheels (TD Pro Race 1.2s) with an extreme performance pure summer only tire on them, and also possibly a dedicated set of pure winter/rally working wheels/tires, I do not care if they get some scuffs on them. ;)