Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Tune Question

Greeting,

I installed my new COBB this past Tue and ran the Stage 1 91 octane tune for a few days. Certainly a little more punch. I ordered a Statified tune, same specs with ECU traction control on, factory ETC off by default. Got the first tune file yesterday and I still had to press the ETC button after starting the car. Statified apologized and sent me a second tune file but it seems the same. I am expecting for the dash light to be on (ETC Off) each time I start the car so I don't have to press the button off myself. Anyone have this option that could confirm if my thinking is right?

Second and more important is a pretty loud woosh like sound every time I let off the gas while shifting, kinda like a blow off or possible wastgate noise? This was not there with stock or COBB tune and really wonder if it is damaging in the long run. Any advice?

As always thanks for the knowledge.

KKaWing

As I understand it, the on / off option is to have their traction control optimization on everytime you start the car or off everytime. It is not for actually switching off traction control. So far the Cobb AP isn't able to mess with that setting yet...

KKaWing is correct, you can't set the stock traction control to off by default, the Stratified tune just controls the Stratified TC.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
ok makes since, I misunderstood how it would function. Anyone have an idea of the noise I'm hearing, I described it like a whoosh but it's actually more like wooch. Wonder if the tune is to aggressive. I wonder if it be better to go back to the COBB tune.

I have the sound while shifting at high rpms too. I like it! No idea what causes it though. My stratified tune feels much quicker than the cobb ots, in my opinion.