Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hill start assist is unavailable warning

I just noticed that this message shows up in the center console display when I start my '16. It shows more prominently if I press the start button, without depressing the clutch, to start up the display first, and then pressing the clutch to start the car. Not sure how long it's been doing it, I just noticed the warning two days ago, but I had noticed that hill start assist doesn't always activate.

Anyone has/had this issue too? How did you remedy it? My car is stock save for a dash cam and brake light flasher.

DEss

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I just noticed that this message shows up in the center console display when I start my '16. It shows more prominently if I press the start button, without depressing the clutch, to start up the display first, and then pressing the clutch to start the car. Not sure how long it's been doing it, I just noticed the warning two days ago, but I had noticed that hill start assist doesn't always activate.

Anyone has/had this issue too? How did you remedy it? My car is stock save for a dash cam and brake light flasher.

Dee Ess
Cruise still works? It could be a bad switch in the brake pedal or clutch pedal.

I occasionally get the message, but my car isn't stock and the hill assist works even though the message appears.

OP
DEss
Thread Starter #4
Canadian, good catch. Looks like my cruise no longer turns on either. Ugh, guess I'll have to take it in.

OP
DEss
Thread Starter #6
Canadian, sorry, looks like I was mistaken about the cruise being busted. I was under the impression that the indicator would light up if I pressed 'on' but I forgot it only comes on if you set the speed. I tried again today when I finally got on the freeway and it was functioning fine.

Anyone has any idea about the hill-start? I don't want to go through the bs of bringing it to the dealer for only that. My concern is that other functionalities may be affected as well.

Reviving a quite old thread here.

Based on my reading of this thread, I believe my brake pedal switch may be bad from what @CanadianGuy says, but wanted to check back here with you guys and see if there is new info available since then.

Got my car on Sunday, it started giving me the "hill assist not available" warning Sunday night. When I drove it later in the day on Monday, my cruise did not work. The cruise did work this morning on my way to work, but I still got the Hill assis warning. Also, it seemed to have tripped the Wrench warning light on the dash. I thought that was only the Oil Change reminder light, and I tried the process for resetting that (since oil was just changed by the dealer before I bought it) but that process did nothing. And it looks like those issues can be connected based on this thread?

I have about 2 weeks left on the original 3yr bumper to bumper warranty, so I plan to take it in this week and have them fix it. The drip rail on the roof on the passenger side is also peeling up so I'm going to have them fix that also.

Thanks for any help

@New_Daily Any update on this? Did replacing the brake pedal switch get rid of the "hill start not available" light? Just had this pop up on my 17' Fiesta ST.
Whoops, sorry. Guess I forgot to update this thread.

I did take my car in last year under warranty. Dealer replaced the brake switch and Hill Assist has worked as it's supposed to ever since.