Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2fast's Autocross Thread

Thanks, it seems most AutoXers are going with a tiny toe out but I've seen one or two going with toe in. Why would one go with toe in?
It's my understanding that a fwd car toes in while in motion where a rwd car toes out. So the person setting toe in on a Fiesta probably wanted to add oversteer whereas most people seem to be setting toe out for the turn-in properties. Do I have that right?

OP
2fast
Thread Starter #62
Thanks, it seems most AutoXers are going with a tiny toe out but I've seen one or two going with toe in. Why would one go with toe in?
The car wants toe in from the factory recommended alignment settings. I reduced the amount of toe in, but still kept some. Toe out WILL destroy your tires on the street

Toe out will aid turn-in at autoX. Excessive out or in will eat tires on street. So if you want to run high toe out, either learn to align at the event (and back again) or trailer the car. The "best" toe-out doesn't exist. Some people use a lot, some very little. Teach yourself to do it at the track and make your own decision. The LongAcre toe plates work well for DIY and are much more compact than trammel bars for transport.

I went with the 215 45 17 71R's ... may I ask what tire pressure you are running with your 16's ...
for auto-cross not tracking

OP
2fast
Thread Starter #68
I went with the 215 45 17 71R's ... may I ask what tire pressure you are running with your 16's ...
for auto-cross not tracking
usually around 38 up front and 50 in the rear.

i don't really notice any huge differences, but thats what seems to work for me the best

OP
2fast
Thread Starter #69
So i've been continuing to race but haven't posted much. I've continued the streak of top 3 pax, and have been winning most of the races, which is sweet. Racing yesterday though was a great feeling.

It rained.
IMG_2261.jpg

I haven't gotten to race in the rain in years. Utah stays pretty dry. Half of the lot we use had been sealed about a month earlier, and i don't think it has seen any big rain yet. The first time i crossed into the back half i spun the car immediately. Just about everyone who is typically fast did the same thing, which made going fast extremely tricky.

I pretty much just aired down the rear tires to a normal PSI range instead of the 50psi i normally used and did what i could.

Very pleased to come out today with a win, and 3rd in raw time! The two cars i lost to were an AWD Audi s5, and an AWD modified wrx. I beat the Focus ST by quite a bit and that guy isn't a slouch. Several of the experienced fast guys were having trouble and were way down in the field. Yesterday was a good day.

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.55.33 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.55.14 AM.png

OP
2fast
Thread Starter #71
So i have some news. I have 9 wins for the season, the guy i was neck and neck with has 8. We have one race left this season. I'm really hoping to pull off 1st overall pax and Driver of the year for the season! I love racing this little car!

Oh yea and i brought out a friend who co-drove my car and did much better than i ever did my first time out. I think i got him hooked. He ended up 16th out of 40 with me yelling at him from the passenger seat lol.

Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 10.19.58 PM.png

OP
2fast
Thread Starter #74
Great results, just curious, you still run on stock shocks ?only wheels/tires combo?

Thanks

Andres
That's correct. It's also a 2014 so I think it has a smaller front bar than the current models

OP
2fast
Thread Starter #76
That is awesome, that is Nats level right there!!!

Andres
Thanks man! I was hoping to go this year, but something came up i had to attend. I still had a blast that weekend so it wasn't really a negative. Just gotta win sunday.....

Thanks man! I was hoping to go this year, but something came up i had to attend. I still had a blast that weekend so it wasn't really a negative. Just gotta win sunday.....
Cool, I got my first event afternalmost 2 years of inactivity on Re71R's and lightweight wheels, got 3rd in Pax, have 2 events this weekend, we'll see.

Andres