Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rocker Stripe Experiment

Stripe.jpg Hi all,

When I bought my car, I had a plan in mind. I used to have a white Shelby with dark blue stripes, and I've always loved blue stripes on a white car. Finally got around to doing some experimentation with a rocker stripe to start. The shape of the lower doors on the Fiesta is very sculpted, and doesn't naturally lend itself to rocker stripes the way a flat-sided Mustang would, but for $12 in EBay vinyl stripes, I figured I'd give it a try to see if I liked it.

Just did the one side to start. This is dark blue - looks darker than it really is in the shadow, but this gives an idea.

I think I like it so far - subtle, not too crazy looking.

Are you looking for comments?
The majority, 99%, of cosmetic mods people do are tasteless and just gross. This one looks very sharp. One simple exterior mod is all this car can handle, beyond that the car is usually ruined.

Can you drop the link please. I wonder if this would work on a black fist.

Also, you should nominate yourself for Fiesta ST of the month. The wheels, the tint, the white, and the stripe really come together.

Thumbs up here. As animal said I would keep it to just those stripes and not more. But hey it's your car so you do you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, guys, especially for the props to enter car of the month! I figured I'd share with the group. I agree, more than this would be a bit much. My Shelby looked right with the over-the-top stripes and rocker stripes, but this car, probably not so much. What finally kicked me into doing it was that a few weeks ago, I was manning a show booth, and across from me was a group selling raffle tickets for a charity give-away of a new GT350. The car was white with blue stripes, and the more I looked at it, the more I figured twelve bucks was worth experimenting with my car.

Here's the EBay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-3-x-80-Vi...m33b21bed07:m:mkYW1Hcnn8l_zCUvbk6mitw&vxp=mtr

I originally ordered 4" wide stripes in 72" from another vendor, but laying that up against the side of the car it looked too wide, and 72" was just a bit short to cover the side of the car fender-to-fender, so I returned them for these in 3". They give you three stripes, each 80" long which is a few inches more than is needed to cover one side of the car. I threw this one on without a whole lot of measuring, figuring it would be the throw-away practice stripe, since there's one extra, but it actually came out better than I thought it would. I did a wide masking tape stripe lined up with the bottom edge of the door as a straight line, and lined the bottom edge of the stripe to it.

This vendor has a lot of colors, so you'd be able to find something you like that would look good with black. I put dark blue decal overlays on my front and rear ST badges, so the blue stripe sort of compliments it. Ford is blue, dangit, not red :)

OP
Gone in 60
Thread Starter #6
Sure, will be a few days till I can though. It's not my daily driver and I work sunup to sundown.