Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Exhaust. What's the best option right now?

Didn't see any flames, here's my little flames for ya tho.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
Looks good! Yeah that clip was more for the sound, need a night shot to really see them. Although if you watch VERY closely you see a little spit there at the end.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone spit flames (visible at night) still on a factory turbo/down pipe, and just a tune (pops and crackles or not) and CBE??

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Looks good! Yeah that clip was more for the sound, need a night shot to really see them. Although if you watch VERY closely you see a little spit there at the end.
Forgot to include, the exhaust sounds really nice with the resonator delete. I think that's the only video of heard with a res-

Kudos

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thermal, cp-e, or MBRP

all 3" options

at various sound levels and price points

I have them all available as well!

Isn't that awesome?
[cheers]

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I have the FSWerks exhaust for a full year now and I am not 100% happy with it. The sound is good and there isn't any drone, so a solid A in that department. I wasn't expecting any popping or RS-ish noises with the cat-back and stock downpipe. My issues with the FSWerks exhaust is the constant leaking, corroded exhaust tips after a very mild winter, and not fitting very well.

For the leaks, all fasteners were torqued to the suggested values and rechecked after a hundred miles. The exhaust to downpipe nuts were loose and all the clamps were loose enough that I could move the pipes around. After a few months I changed the oil and noticed carbon buildup around the heat shields at the joints. I added high-temp Loctite and torqued everything back to spec. Shortly after that I could smell exhaust when in traffic and noticed small drops of carbon infused moisture on the garage floor where the exhaust meets the downpipe and one of the mid section connections. Going to try a thicker downpipe gasket from Cobb and increasing the torque on the clamps.

The exhaust doesn't fit perfectly either, not matter how many times it was adjusted, the tips sit too close to the diffuser/bumper cover and are stuck inward too far. I have brought the tips out as far as I can to still get enough tubing out of the muffler to clamp the tips to and lowered the system by using taller isolator bushings.

After this winter, the tips are very corroded, even with Carbon Collective sealant and a few layers of sealant wax over the tips. I am not sure how the rest of the system looks yet as I haven't had time to get under the car and inspect. Prior to installation, I sanded, polished, and sealed the entire system with Carbon Collective sealant. I spent hours and hours sanding and polishing the system to increase surface tension and reduce corrosion.

I would have rather gone with Cobb or Mountune for their quality.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
From what I can tell Ron aka "whoosh" has the best prices on most parts. He is quick with shipping as well. Now to decide between a hood and the Thermal catback.

Is the mbrp more like the CPE or Thermal in regards to loudness? Also will I need a safe word with the CPE?
Of course it's subjective but in my opinion, the cp-e exhaust is perfection. Here is what it sounds like (yes, this car is BT or whatever but it sounds about the same with the stock turbo)... https://youtu.be/aLDRXiSO7vE

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Of course it's subjective but in my opinion, the cp-e exhaust is perfection. Here is what it sounds like (yes, this car is BT or whatever but it sounds about the same with the stock turbo)... https://youtu.be/aLDRXiSO7vE
+1! The sound is GREAT to me (with the factory turbo/down pipe), but I will admit it might be a bit too much for me without the resonator, and with a catless down pipe.

About the only other CBEs I would have considered along with the Nexus (had I known about them at the time of purchase) are the Thermal, or the Ultimate Racing <-(and this one mostly for it's tip options), since I required a 3" system, even on the outside chance of the possibility of a future hybrid/BT upgrade. [wink] (I only wanted to buy this item ONCE for this car!)

...and YES, Ron (@Whoosh Motorsports) is THE MAN!! [twothumb]

+1! The sound is GREAT to me (with the factory turbo/down pipe), but I will admit it might be a bit too much for me without the resonator, and with a catless down pipe.

About the only other CBEs I would have considered along with the Nexus (had I known about them at the time of purchase) are the Thermal, or the Ultimate Racing <-(and this one mostly for it's tip options), since I required a 3" system, even on the outside chance of the possibility of a future hybrid/BT upgrade. [wink] (I only wanted to buy this item ONCE for this car!)

...and YES, Ron (@Whoosh Motorsports) is THE MAN!! [twothumb]
Well said. I'm totally biased because I'm running a Nexus system, but I loooove the sound, it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. I also ordered mine through Ron who's customer service was excellent.

I'm cp-e decat dp but with the resonator. It's a nice balance I think. There's so many different sounds it makes. At some point I may the a non-resonated midpipe made for me for the hell of it.

Yepp I'm running the same setup. It turns out this is the most common setup for the nexus. If i remember correctly, when Ron ran the group buy for it, not a single person ordered it without the resonator.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
That piece is a rip off IMO but you pay to play, I have crackle and pop in my tune and it sounds like a proper turbo BANG, a friend had fswerks+atp dp and it sounded like balloons popping. I had to hold back my opinion infront of him. Let him have it in the group chat tho :)