Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The verdict on the Federal 595 RS-RR is...

...get. them.

(The Bilstein PSS B14's are perfection too)

* Just sharing this because the car is as close to perfect for me than ever and I attribute this to those last two mods.

It's like driving a Sport Bike. The stiff yet uber-controlled compliance of the dampers coupled with those sidewalls...then throw in the grip...Pffff

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
...get. them.

(The Bilstein PSS B14's are perfection too)

* Just sharing this because the car is as close to perfect for me than ever and I attribute this to those last two mods.

It's like driving a Sport Bike. The stiff yet uber-controlled compliance of the dampers coupled with those sidewalls...then throw in the grip...Pffff
I like the RS-r. Once they are done i will get the RS-rr

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish that Federal made them in a 225/40-17, or at least an 8" tread width in their 215/40-17 offering.

After reading Laser Whisperer's post about the 595 Evos, I am wondering if their side walls are radically 'mushier' than the RS-R's and RS-RR's side walls. [dunno]

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I wish that Federal made them in a 225/40-17, or at least an 8" tread width in their 215/40-17 offering.

After reading Laser Whisperer's post about the 595 Evos, I am wondering if their side walls are radically 'mushier' than the RS-R's and RS-RR's side walls. [dunno]
The evo in the uk site also get a 3 out of 5 review where the RS- any are more in the 4.3+ range. Was grip and ride comfort.

the 215/40 RS-R's I currently have on my 7.5in wheel are MASSIVE. Maybe even a little too wide for a 7.5in. I would strongly suggest considering them over a 225, 225 would just be too big.

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #6
the 215/40 RS-R's I currently have on my 7.5in wheel are MASSIVE. Maybe even a little too wide for a 7.5in. I would strongly suggest considering them over a 225, 225 would just be too big.
Really?? I'm running my 215's on 7.5's and they have a little stretch to them.

IMG_1925.JPG

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am going by TREAD WIDTH, and the 215/40-17 RS-Rs and RS-RRs both have UNDER an 8" tread width (7.5" and 7.7" respectively). [:(]

I'm going to be using an 8" wide wheel, and want to match the wheel width to the tire's tread width, with minimal 'stretch'.

WHY is it that all of these tire companies INSIST on making their stickier tires in narrower tread widths, except for Dunlop/Goodyear, with their very co$tly (but FULL 8" wide tread width) Star Specs in 215/40-17? [???:)]

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #10
Must be the "get the F**K off my lawn!" yelling cranky old coot in me coming out in my advanced years. [wink] [histerical]
Hahahaha!..I'm not far behind you (I'm 41). I recently bought my first house and the 80% of people driving 40mph+ in the 25mph zone that is my street has me losing my mind on a daily basis lol.

Ok...back to RS-RR's...

Would these be ok on stock wheels? Which size would be preferred?
I've been wondering the same, Im on HR springs as well. Im worried about rubbing. I might be getting a pretty good price on RS-RR's and would hate to waste money on something I can't use.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I run stock size wheels with 215/40R17. Stock height no rubbing. The lowering could rub in the rear well liner where the bumper attaches to the body.

Would these be ok on stock wheels? Which size would be preferred?
I'm running 215/40/17 on stock rims. The only time I hear minor rubbing is when I'm pulling out of a parking spot and have the steering wheel turned as far as it will go. Since this rarely happens I don't consider it a problem, but I could see a slightly lowered car running into more issues.

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #17
7.5" width, +40 wheels here and lowered 3/4". Very slight rub up front when hitting bump stops and when full lock turns over bumps. Rare enough it doesn't bother me ever.

I just got them and I have been very impressed. I wanted to thank the guys on here for reviewing them. In the dry, I feel like I have unlimited grip even with the X37 on E30. It hooks and goes. I drive them as a DD, been in the rain. I haven't had any problems, but I haven't really pushed them to see what they can do in the rain or how they handle standing water. I have been super cautious. They seem to like a little more psi.

Cons: loud.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just got them and I have been very impressed. I wanted to thank the guys on here for reviewing them. In the dry, I feel like I have unlimited grip even with the X37 on E30. It hooks and goes. I drive them as a DD, been in the rain. I haven't had any problems, but I haven't really pushed them to see what they can do in the rain or how they handle standing water. I have been super cautious. They seem to like a little more psi.

Cons: loud.
^^^+1

I'm still on factory power, but it is all but impossible to break the fronts loose, even when the 'donkey punch' kicks in.

They are WAY better in heavy rain (and even that slick, 'just wet', oil surfacing type rain) than I would ever have thought they could be, but, I have not driven them through deep standing water on highways yet.

They do make the WORST 'pure mudder paddle', coal rollin' bro, lifted 2 stories in the air, pickup tires seem quiet though, that's how LOUDLY they 'sing' (but I figured this would be the case going in, and expected this with their tread pattern/construction, and fully accept it for their performance [wink]).

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #20
I'm either completely used to the sound/roar or it has gone down. It's still there, but I love the sound. Much quieter than the NT-01's I had run in the past. My RS-RR's are wearing super nicely too. Nothing funny going on. Super happy.