Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

dropped bolt in hatch door

hey guys, so I was installing the boomba wing risers kit the other day and accidently dropped one of the two bolts that fit in the hatch[?|]. I tried pretty much everything to get it out but couldn't. Has this happened to anyone else and any ideas to get it out? thanks

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Try finding a strong magnet you secure with string? Push it around as much as you can with a wire hanger. Or maybe pull the panel off of the hatch and use the magnet on the inside of the hatch door... Maybe you'll get lucky and attract the bolt and you can drag it up and out.

This all assumes it's affected by magnetism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Do you hear it rattling if you swing the door up / down? Is it at teh bottom? If so the trim on the hatch is easy to remove. There are one screw on each pillar near the window. Then the is one screw in the plastic handle mold in the door. After that there are 10 pop clips so just give the piece a tug and it pops out.

I dropped one too from the Velossa Tech kit and I was able to fish put from the hole in the center where the 3rd brake light wires come out of. If you go up and down with it a few times the hardware should settle near the center.