Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP, Broke stock downpipe studs...

Broke both studs in my stock downpipe taking my stock exhaust out to put in mbrp cat back what should I do? I can weld I have a stick and tig welder but no car lift ...

I snapped one of mine as well a while back while throwing on my CPE catback. Ended up center punching and drilling a small divot in each stud, then used a cheapo harbor freight air hammer with a pointed bit along with a board braced behind the flange on the flex pipe so it wouldn't just bounce around. Popped right out in 10 seconds. Space was tight as I don't have a lift either, but it is doable.

OP
M
Thread Starter #4
That socket idea is brilliant haha but I ended up grinding down the nubs and stick welded a hardened stainless 3/8 bolt to the nub and grinded it up and worked perfect ! Thanks for the ideas guys! New mbrp is on and its nicee

If you can't beat the studs out with a hammer, this worked for me.

8" C clamp and a socket big enough to fit over the flattened side of the stud. Push the stud out with the C-clamp and socket. Replace with Stainless steel hardware.
Please forgive my mad paint skillz.

View attachment 14377
Did you use any chemicals or heat to help that stud out?