Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

[EMERGENY] Do the heat shield bolts hold any oil related pieces?

Hey guys,

I took my heat shield off to get at my down pipe while doing my exhaust upgrade (snapped the exhaust to down-pipe bolts).

We managed to get them off without removing the down pipe, but left the heatshield and bolts off.

When I left the shop, I did a pull, and puked oil everywhere and had a small fire.

We didn't touch anything oil related, my only thought is that one of the bolts we took out holds oil pressure.

CP-E Intake / Exhaust / Stock Tune

The heat sheild is bolted to the manifold directly with its own fasteners. You broke something else.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Hey guys,

I took my heat shield off to get at my down pipe while doing my exhaust upgrade (snapped the exhaust to down-pipe bolts).

We managed to get them off without removing the down pipe, but left the heatshield and bolts off.

When I left the shop, I did a pull, and puked oil everywhere and had a small fire.

We didn't touch anything oil related, my only thought is that one of the bolts we took out holds oil pressure.

CP-E Intake / Exhaust / Stock Tune
Most likely removed the oil feed line bolt, its happened to others before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
To the right of the heat shield there is an oil feed line. As stated easy to get it mixed up when dealing with blind areas.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
That must have sucked to clean up. Glad you git it figured out.
It was quick with a power washer and a lot of de-greaser. I'm going to clean it a few more times, then rust proof the car so I can blame the smell on that for the dealership ;) . It's still putting out a bit of smoke, but the smell and smoke is subsiding (residue as far as I can tell) going to go count bolts here after work.

Leaving it with my mechanic for a few days here just to make sure we didn't cook anything (letting him do the down pipe also cause fuck that). So far the car runs great.