Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Traction control + pads question

Im not finding info on this.

Im pretty good on suspension and tire setup, but highly ignorant on torque vectoring, tcs, etc...

...so, would adding more aggressive pads have any impact on tcs interference?

I think I may want more pad, but not at a cost.

adding a more "aggressive" pad shouldn't have any major effect on the torque vectoring other than withstanding more heat. I know that some pads bite differently and could potentally effect it slightly, but my understanding is that it shouldn't majorly impact the TV.

Now getting a more aggressive pad (i.e. resistent to higher temps) does come at a cost. The stock pads are actually pretty good at resisting heat, but if you are road racing or doing HPDE's they probably will start to fade. There are a few discussions on here about different track compounds and the pros/cons. Some popular choices are Carbotech XP line (XP08/XP10) or Hawk DTC30 or DTC60.

Really it comes down to what you want out of the car and what you are using it for.

I just ordered yellowstuff from thmotorsports. They're currently on sale and got them under $70 for both front and rear. http://fiestast.net/threads/hawk-street-race-pad-review.2262/ turned me off on Hawk, but I've never tried them yet.

If you do not want to change pads yourself, ford is offering free pads for life, but they have to do the installation. $100 for the labor, $80 for the pads.