Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TShirt Driving Youtube Channel

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yeah the extended arp studs really saved the day on that incident. I did note the h&r spacers came with their own extended lugs but I feel much safer with the arp ones.
good call, they do include the studs

Part 2 of Evolution of the Green Beast is up!

[video=youtube_share;NzS7sk0UHs4]https://youtu.be/NzS7sk0UHs4[/video]
Hey Pete, been following your channel since the engine went. If you don't mind, what's that intake setup you're using now? Loving that plexi glass top with the full aluminium airbox

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #25
Hey Pete, been following your channel since the engine went. If you don't mind, what's that intake setup you're using now? Loving that plexi glass top with the full aluminium airbox
CPE! It is such a beautiful set up for the intake. 3" piping and has a lower intake feed as well.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Pete,

I watched your videos and have been loosely following your build for about a year.

So sorry for all the problems bro. You've got such a great attitude though. If it were me, I'd be expressing very different emotions if all of that happened, and they would not be pleasant ones! Maybe you do that off camera....

You've mentioned a few times how it seems that you put part A on but then part B breaks, in a repetitive cycle. Why is that? I don't know. You seem to do your homework and plan everything very carefully. Maybe it's bad luck, or maybe it's just the price of modifying a car that a company built to work this way, but you want it to work that way, so this is the tension in-between the this and the that.

Your build reminds me a bit of my first "real" build back 11 years ago, a Subaru build. It wasn't a track car but I worked hard to completely transform the car and spent a lot of money doing so. In the end it was more about the process than the end result, but I didn't realize that till it was all over. But there were many heartaches along the way, similar to what you are experiencing. I had to figure things out, spend more money, let the car sit in pieces overnight while I figured out what to do. After 4 years in love with that car, the dealer destroyed it doing a recall, and I got out from under it and moved on.

In any case good luck with the wheel problem. I know the videos are a few days old so as I type this you probably have already fixed it. I look forward to the next video!

On another note, you seem to have an added amount of NVH and noise in the cabin that might be getting beyond tolerable. I'm not talking about the exhaust leak, I'm talking about new rattles and such. That is not a fun problem. It looked like the FMIC piping was touching some of your bracing down below, I ran into that back in my Toyota and it transmitted a good bit of headache into the cabin. Some of it you might have to live with as it's resultant of some of the mod choices you've made, but I wish you luck in resolving as much as possible.

Anyhow babble babble nice build and good luck, can't wait to see the final results!!!!

[raceflag]

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #27
Pete,

I watched your videos and have been loosely following your build for about a year.

So sorry for all the problems bro. You've got such a great attitude though. If it were me, I'd be expressing very different emotions if all of that happened, and they would not be pleasant ones! Maybe you do that off camera....

You've mentioned a few times how it seems that you put part A on but then part B breaks, in a repetitive cycle. Why is that? I don't know. You seem to do your homework and plan everything very carefully. Maybe it's bad luck, or maybe it's just the price of modifying a car that a company built to work this way, but you want it to work that way, so this is the tension in-between the this and the that.

Your build reminds me a bit of my first "real" build back 11 years ago, a Subaru build. It wasn't a track car but I worked hard to completely transform the car and spent a lot of money doing so. In the end it was more about the process than the end result, but I didn't realize that till it was all over. But there were many heartaches along the way, similar to what you are experiencing. I had to figure things out, spend more money, let the car sit in pieces overnight while I figured out what to do. After 4 years in love with that car, the dealer destroyed it doing a recall, and I got out from under it and moved on.

In any case good luck with the wheel problem. I know the videos are a few days old so as I type this you probably have already fixed it. I look forward to the next video!

On another note, you seem to have an added amount of NVH and noise in the cabin that might be getting beyond tolerable. I'm not talking about the exhaust leak, I'm talking about new rattles and such. That is not a fun problem. It looked like the FMIC piping was touching some of your bracing down below, I ran into that back in my Toyota and it transmitted a good bit of headache into the cabin. Some of it you might have to live with as it's resultant of some of the mod choices you've made, but I wish you luck in resolving as much as possible.

Anyhow babble babble nice build and good luck, can't wait to see the final results!!!!

[raceflag]
I truly appreciate all the positive feedback I have been getting from everyone from this video. It really makes me feel like what I am doing is worth the time. As for the problems they haven't been big or anything just little hiccups along the road. Being a teacher I am used to improvising or not crying over spilt milk. So when something does break it gives me the opportunity to replace said part or make something even better. Sometimes these problems happen because of the car and sometimes they are self inflicted, then some just happen randomly.

The video may be a few days old for you guys but for me it is a little over a month old. Without giving away anything for the upcoming video's I'll just say in my current timeline (not youtube time line) I will be entering in the first autocross with the Green Beast this Sunday since the rebuild. But it has taken a bit to get to this point. Just when I think I am done buying car parts I try to improve the car even more. But like you said it is about the Journey and I have been loving every part of it. Just glad I could bring you guys with me through all the Good and the Bad. Also NVH has dramatically reduced after 1,000 miles. Granted levels are still higher then stock but it is nowhere near the level of that first drive. Also thank you for reminding me to put some high heat foam between the charge pipe and lower control arm brace, I knew I forgot to do something. Haha

codestp202

The build is great. I haven't seen anyone else dive into the Fiesta ST quite like yours on Youtube. Keep it up man

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #29
You heard me complaining, now its time to see what has been breaking on my car!

[video=youtube_share;C7jdB0WeN7g]https://youtu.be/C7jdB0WeN7g[/video]

The downpipe bolts breaking seems to be super common. You mentioned that you're expecting the car to feel fast....could you refresh our memory of what you plan on running and what power you're hoping to see? As always, great videos, looking forward to more!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
The downpipe bolts breaking is why I went with the 2J racing option - it includes a bracket for mounting in the stock location and prevents the exhaust from hanging off of the downpipe flange only.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #32
The downpipe bolts breaking seems to be super common. You mentioned that you're expecting the car to feel fast....could you refresh our memory of what you plan on running and what power you're hoping to see? As always, great videos, looking forward to more!
I am not expecting the 91 tune to make a lot of power, somewhere in the 240's i feel like with 11:1 compression knock will be my biggest enemy. Last time with the x37 I ran out of fuel around the 270-280 mark, so I expect my e30 numbers to be the same. With 100 octane I want to break into the 300's I feel like to hit 320 (my goal) I would need either WMI or AUX fuel. It may not seem like a lot of power but power under the curve is where I am anticipating my huge gains. With the higher compression, torque should be much higher then I was before. Now the gear ratio is going to make those numbers I listed feel about 50-80 horsepower more. It is the sensation of speed I am going after and the rawness of feeling the car. Stock gearing is 3.82 I now have 4.3 gears, that is a huge difference!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #34
The moment everyone has been waiting for..... The driving review/impression of the car fully tuned on 91 octane. Next week unlocking the full potential of the stock fuel system with 100 octane video while doing an autocross.

[video=youtube_share;41adBwBX4d4]https://youtu.be/41adBwBX4d4[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^When my FiST grows up, it wants to be exactly like your car!! [twothumb] [driving] [cool]
(But with a racing shell in the passenger position as well, and a Sparco 383 steering wheel. ;) )

BTW; Those roads would make for a GREAT tarmac rally stage, even though we all know that would be totally IMPOSSIBLE in this country, let alone in Cali. [:(]

Just finished watching. Congratulations on the build, I'm glad you got to finally enjoy what you've been working for. The car rips on 91, like that little bit of air at the end too!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #37
^^^When my FiST grows up, it wants to be exactly like your car!! [twothumb] [driving] [cool]
(But with a racing shell in the passenger position as well, and a Sparco 383 steering wheel. ;) )

BTW; Those roads would make for a GREAT tarmac rally stage, even though we all know that would be totally IMPOSSIBLE in this country, let alone in Cali. [:(]
I have a few more goodies in store for the fiesta in terms of parts. Also I've gotten permits to close off some roads for upcoming videos. If that gives any hint as what is to come!

Just finished watching. Congratulations on the build, I'm glad you got to finally enjoy what you've been working for. The car rips on 91, like that little bit of air at the end too!
Thank you. 91 is quite quick for the road. I actually prefer it over 100 octane. Tuning on 100 is a whole different car.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #38
As a heads up, my video's will be uploaded within a 1-2 weeks of the last upload. Please bare with me as I am juggling full time at college, full time teaching, this youtube channel, and I am currently making another one as well for science projects and young children.

Anyways, Hhere you have it the car on 100 octane and tuning the suspension at my local autocross. Let me know what you think of the new drone!

[video=youtube_share;XqqtPzl2TCc]https://youtu.be/XqqtPzl2TCc[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What did the custom aluminum system weigh, vs. the Nexus (which I also have, and love the sound of! [thumb])?

That course was just HOLDING BACK this BEAST, even as 'open' as it was compared to what we get around here!
It seems like a caged wild animal in that environment, just twitching to be let loose to fly on the ground. ;)
Were the Wavetrac and 4.11 final drive in the car for the a/x vid, or was that WAY before those mods??

Masters, or doctorate program as far as school goes?

Last edited:
OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #40
What did the custom aluminum system weigh, vs. the Nexus (which I also have, and love the sound of! [thumb])?

That course was just HOLDING BACK this BEAST!! ('open' as it was compared to what we get around here)
Were the Wavetrac and 4.11 final drive in the car for the a/x vid, or was that WAY before those mods??

Masters, or doctorate program as far as school goes?
I didn't weigh the CPE unit. But I will tell you just the resonator part weighs more than the entire aluminum exhaust I had on the car. The video's are in sequence so yes the wavetrac lsd and the 4.3* gears are in the transmission.

I currently have an Associate's in Early Child Development and started a 15 month program to get my B.S. in Early-Adolescent Child Development. I work at a preschool I was a lead teacher for 4 years, this year we are starting a whole new science program (I literally built the science lab) that hasn't been done with preschoolers. So my second youtube channel that I am making will be for teachers and parents to try experiments in the classroom or at home. It can also be for adults too since most of the stuff is so fun!