Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TShirt Driving Youtube Channel

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #61
NOW I can easily see why you chose that car, as it is even greater than the sum of it's parts, or seeming potential!

Just imagine what that beast would be like if 600 or so pounds could be cut off of it's mass (does Volvo make an exact same spec in a lighter, and shorter wheelbase sedan? [dunno]). [ohcrap]
But the fact that it IS an 'estate' with THAT performance is sooo cool!! [twothumb] (It's their lower cost answer to the CTS-V wagon, and Audi RS6 Avant ;) )

How much less did this run you all said and done, with all of the specials/incentives and the deal you got on it, than what the best price scenario would have been from a Ford dealer for a comparable RS?
Volvo does make a Sedan with the same parts called the S60. Although I think it is like around 200 pounds lighter. I however really like the wagon and the space I have in the back to load things up and go for adventures. So MSRP on the Volvo V60 Polestar is $62,500 I paid $48,000 and some change. Versus the RS which most still have mark ups and unfortunately known headgasket/engine issues. Thankfully Neil has not encountered these problems with his car and we will continue to keep our fingers crossed. Both cars were very close in price after all the mods were done with the Focus RS so it was a great example of showing buying less and modding and keeping things stock all for the same price. I will say his RS is faster in a straight line, however the braking and handling performance of the Polestar make up for that.

jeff

2000 Post Club
The RS issue is due to a small number of them getting a Mustang head gasket mistakenly. It’s well documented and only a small number like 2% iirc. Not a big deal for most.

Nice vid Pete glad you’re enjoying the car.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Volvo does make a Sedan with the same parts called the S60. Although I think it is like around 200 pounds lighter. I however really like the wagon and the space I have in the back to load things up and go for adventures. So MSRP on the Volvo V60 Polestar is $62,500 I paid $48,000 and some change. Versus the RS which most still have mark ups and unfortunately known headgasket/engine issues. Thankfully Neil has not encountered these problems with his car and we will continue to keep our fingers crossed. Both cars were very close in price after all the mods were done with the Focus RS so it was a great example of showing buying less and modding and keeping things stock all for the same price. I will say his RS is faster in a straight line, however the braking and handling performance of the Polestar make up for that.
OOPS! I did not realize that they were that much coin (list OR discounted), and unless I desperately needed the room, I would then have to go with the RS, despite any real or perceived bugs, defects, or quirks it may or may not have (and which would be covered under warranty anyway, yes, as much of a pain as that may be).

Still, the Polestar is a wicked ride, and at least a little less coin than the other two estates I mentioned, and the very definition of a 'sleeper'! [thumb]

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #64
On a side note, I decided to keep my Fiesta and make a series on how to maximize your fun with a stock Fiesta ST. The first episode will be up in February for that. Also going to be filming the first segment of the new blue beast before it goes under the knife and becomes even more powerful than my own Fiesta was. Lots to do... Not enough time.... Don't worry I'm still here guys and gals.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Suprised but happy. Didn't want that to end the way it was going so having you back with a bit of passion is great.

Take your time, good things come to those who wait.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
YES, I am also glad you are holding onto your FiST, and even happier yet that you are going to try and maximize the mostly factory stock platform as I do not plan on doing any big major power upgrades for a LONG LONG time. [wink] [thumb]

felopr

On a side note, I decided to keep my Fiesta and make a series on how to maximize your fun with a stock Fiesta ST. The first episode will be up in February for that. Also going to be filming the first segment of the new blue beast before it goes under the knife and becomes even more powerful than my own Fiesta was. Lots to do... Not enough time.... Don't worry I'm still here guys and gals.
what you going to do? put a new engine in?

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #70
I already put a stock 5,000 mile motor and trans in the car. Been driving it around for a bit. Even drove it to work today. The whole car is stock aside from the MP215 tune I can't remove. And the muffler delete I did way back when I first got it. I didn't keep the stock muffler but the stock resonator is in.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #71
1/8 mile drag racing with the Focus RS, Volvo Polestar, and an X47r Fiesta ST all of us are on street tires.

[video=youtube_share;gB0S3glQnHM]https://youtu.be/gB0S3glQnHM[/video]

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #73
Install on the Aeroflow rear diffuser.

[video=youtube_share;0wF5ooPtOvA]https://youtu.be/0wF5ooPtOvA[/video]

codestp202

Sure is an expensive piece for how little instructions are provided. Looks like the evap plate is helping aero as well

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #78
The Blue Beast X47R Fiesta ST first quick drive just for the channel.

[video=youtube_share;AIuv4VUHrik]https://youtu.be/AIuv4VUHrik[/video]

felopr

The Blue Beast X47R Fiesta ST first quick drive just for the channel.

[video=youtube_share;AIuv4VUHrik]https://youtu.be/AIuv4VUHrik[/video]
didn't you said before you where keeping this one stock? lol
also, this car doesn't look bad on rota slipstreams btw. 16? 40 profile tire?

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #80
didn't you said before you where keeping this one stock? lol
also, this car doesn't look bad on rota slipstreams btw. 16? 40 profile tire?
My car is Stock, it is the green one. This is someone else's car that is a good friend of mine. Yeah the photo is a little old, 16x7 rota's I had these wheels on my car as well. In the video we were running a 17x8 rota with 215/40/17 tire