Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Summer Tire Recommendation Request, 16x7 42mm Offset, 205/50 or?

I was all set to order some Indy 500s myself due to the rebate, but they are on back order in the 205/45R16 size I was going for. I'm slowly talking myself into the new Continental ExtremeContact Sports, initial reports suggest they are in many ways the equal of the PSS, but still only $409 for a set in this size on TR. Not sure I can justify that over the $245 of the Indy 500s (with rebate), but just wondering if anyone has tried them yet.

I was all set to order some Indy 500s myself due to the rebate, but they are on back order in the 205/45R16 size I was going for. I'm slowly talking myself into the new Continental ExtremeContact Sports, initial reports suggest they are in many ways the equal of the PSS, but still only $409 for a set in this size on TR. Not sure I can justify that over the $245 of the Indy 500s (with rebate), but just wondering if anyone has tried them yet.
Go buy the current Grassroots Motorsports mag at Books A Million

It was very close to PSS except for wet handling, where it trounced the PSS. Will be my next autocross tire for cooler temps and standing water.

Waterfan

$409 for a set of high quality tires like Conti ECS is CHEAP. I would not say they are the equal of PSS in the dry, but PSS are more expensive as well.

FH Indy 500 @$245 incl rebate is INSANELY good (and insanely good for just about any 205/45-16). Can't wait to get mine (and I guess I should order very soon and catch the rebate. But I would not mind t all paying "full" price)

You should be extremely happy with either choice.