Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car won't start/crank when let alone for more than 6 hurs.

If you jumped the engine start inhibitor and the car would crank I would think the problem lies in the immobilizer system. That's next on the list for my car

OP
P
Thread Starter #43
I think that's part of the Immobilizer system, but how is it possible that the two keys lost the programming? I checked again today my car in the dealership because I had to rent one because my job is one hour away from home, and the manager told me that they tested the start/stop button, the safety system, and everything was fine but the clutch sensor. I still don't think that the problem because when the Fu*** car is warm it starts every single time!!! So you're telling me that the clutch sensor warms up and then works every time? Don't buy it.

Where is the person from Ford Service that writes in the forums when you need him/her?

Anyways, I'll check the car again on Thursday to see that it's in the same state.

OP
P
Thread Starter #44
Well, in the dealership they changed the clutch switch sensor and apparently the problem is fixed, because the contacts in the switch were loose. They were much kind than the people in the first dealership that I went. I will post any update if anything changes because the problem is when the car is left alone more than 6 hours.

I'm at work right now, later I will post a picture with the warranty bill details.

OP
P
Thread Starter #45
The problem is not solved, the car didn't start this morning. The code in the warranty invoice was DTC p1708:62, apparently fixing that problem didn't do anything. A little help will be appreciated.

OP
P
Thread Starter #46
Update: Since no dealer has been able to identify the problem, when the car didn't start/crank this morning as usual, I started messing with the cables of the fuse box and magically that did something, because I pressed the start button afterwards and the car started, maybe the cables on the fuse box are bad???

I will be taking the car tomorrow morning on a towing truck to another great adventure to a 3rd dealership to see if they find the problem.....

OP
P
Thread Starter #48
Update: In the new dealership they told me that the cables and the TCM were having communication problems, that they changed the TCM and the problem is solved. In in the first dealer they changed the BCM, in the second one the clutch pedal switch and those change didn't fixed anything, sooo we'll see.

OP
P
Thread Starter #51
It's been there two days already, but when they changed the clutch switch sensor, it lasted one whole week without giving trouble. I started looking other cars, because as much as I love the FiST, the universe is telling me to get rid of it. I like the 2018 Hyundai Elantra GT

OP
P
Thread Starter #52
This is what they found, apparently the person who spoke to me confused my car because I don't see any TCM replacement in that ticket, and as some of you stated in the thread, manual cars don't have a TCM. If any of you undestand anything more from that descripton please tell. We'll see how the car behaves.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Clean and adjust? F-that I'd be like clean and replace.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk