Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CB radio

Hey everyone, I am new to the forums, but not to the world of amateur radio!

I was wondering if any of ya'lls have installed a CB radio and antenna on a FiST? I will be using a Cobra 25LTD with NW however, the antenna is going to be the tricky part; I really want a no drill situation, but do not want a magnetic mount. The antenna will be preferably 103", but would be content running a 4' Firestick.

Any advice for a clean install or pictures of your setup would be great!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I am a Ham radio operator but will not do anything to the car. I did consider a custom mount like a trailer hitch for a good size antenna w/coax under the car and brought in through the Symposer opening. But then what a cobbled up floor mount? So, never mind on my part. The antenna is the POA part.

OP
brandons1209
Thread Starter #3
I am a Ham radio operator but will not do anything to the car. I did consider a custom mount like a trailer hitch for a good size antenna w/coax under the car and brought in through the Symposer opening. But then what a cobbled up floor mount? So, never mind on my part. The antenna is the POA part.
I understand the mess of wiring, but oh well. The hitch idea I like, but I would really want a 2in receiver hitch (so I could fit my motorcycle rack on the back lol jk jk).

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I actually asked this same question and was considering doing the exact same thing in the same way. I'm not a licensed ham radio operator (been thinking about getting a license but not much time to study at the moment)...however I do listen in to certain channels from time to time on a handheld.

You could check out the other topic if interested. I sure wouldn't mind bouncing ideas around to come up with a solution.

Up to posting my question I was considering placing perhaps a 5' Firestik in the front behind the hood where older cars usually had their FM antennas. I had trouble finding mounts for that which didn't require drilling although I was hopeful that there may be a mount for a truck/suv out there that could be made to work there somehow but available bolts in the chassis that could be used for mounting have been hard to find for me.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk