Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone have issues with Headrest position on Recaros

I've had my FiST since October, I first noticed a pain in my shoulder blade a couple of weeks in to ownership. I figured I slept funny and shrugged it off. A couple months later I had the same issue but it hurt much more. I really started thinking about it and I'm pretty sure the Recaro headrest is causing my issue. I took the headrest off and the pain has minimized substantially. I hate leaving the headrest off, maybe my seating position is messed up? Anyone with Recaros have this issue? What did you do to help this?

At this point I'm really considering selling my Recaros if its going to cause me this much pain. I hate selling them because they hold me so well and they look great!

No issues with mine. It has taken some time to get used to the seats in general. I am a bigger guy and ~6, 230. My seat is pretty much straight up (very minor tilt back) and seated position back far enough to just press clutch in all of the way flat footed. If anything my back has felt better, in fact maybe the best is has in years, due to all of the support and no real means of slouching...

I'm the opposite. I've had chronic back pain for years. It's completely gone away. Apparently my lousy posture during my two hours a day of commuting was causing the problem. The Recaros simply won't let me slouch in the seat, and my back pain's gone!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I have also found the Recaros very comfortable. I did find that the headrest felt too far forward at first, bonking the back of my head repeatedly as the car moved around. Moving it up and down didn't help, but reclining the seat back a bit more than the super-upright position I was used to got it far enough away that I don't notice it anymore.

Leaned my seat back a tiny bit more than usual and raised the head rest up so I hit the bottom of it rather than the top

OP
eddietorr
Thread Starter #6
After Playing a bit with positions I found something that works. Like some others who have posted I tilted the seat back a lil further than I'm used to and my pain has been minimized. Thanks for everyones feedback!

After Playing a bit with positions I found something that works. Like some others who have posted I tilted the seat back a lil further than I'm used to and my pain has been minimized. Thanks for everyones feedback!
That's good to hear. One other thing I find myself doing each time I get in to drive is slide my back side to side, pressing my back as far as I can into the seat. Like I stated earlier I am a bigger guy and the seats are definitely snug.

For those who feel somewhat uncomfortable with the recaro headrest like me and my wife, I accidentally bought a used set from the standard headrest of a '14 sedan fiesta instead of focus where it was mentioned it has the tilt feature and will fit but can not push all the way down because the width difference. The fiesta standard headrest fit perfectly and is a full inch thinner and the 2 posts is set near the middle where as the recaro is set near the back. This makes my commute more comfortable when I need to rest my head back a little.

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2528.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

Just remove the head rest and bend the two rods a little. Helps if you have a vise to clamp the rod while bending it back. Worked for me.

Waterfan

Took me awhile to adjust, I hated it at first. I had to lean the seat back 1 notch more than my optimal (near upright). Raising the headrest to its maximum was the key for me. My head still touches the headrest but it is now "comfortable".

Yep I've had this problem. Didn't cause me any pain, I just wasn't comfortable. It is even worse when wearing a helmet. Like others have said gangsta leaning the seat more than you're used to helps. I like to sit really upright and the recaro headrest is bad for that.