Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Focus ST VS Fiesta ST

Tried to convince myself the FoST made more sense because the price is so close. Ultimately went with the FiST as it's definitely the more fun driving car, looks better, and better mpg.. And like others stated, it's not even that much slower due to the weight difference.

Also, for cargo space don't forget to drop the floor. There's a good 4"+ of space that can be achieved there which makes a huge difference! The FoST may have more space on paper but trust me there is not that much difference in useable room. It's a longer car but most of the length is eaten up by the dash that comes 15' out from the windshield. It's basically just a little wider.

Go with the FiST and don't look back.

Waterfan

Also, for cargo space don't forget to drop the floor. There's a good 4"+ of space that can be achieved there which makes a huge difference!
And if you replace the fullsize spare with an aluminum minispare you get another ~1/2" cargo floor drop and ~16lbs less weight in the rear.

Siestarider

My Fist is under 2600 lbs with a stout bed in back and no spare. VDyno runs with Cobb S3 consistently around 200 whp. Backing out engine HP (divide 200 by .86 for drivetrain losses) and doing Waterfan's comparison gets just over 11 lbs/hp. Cost is Cobb AP, IC and exhaust. Pretty cheap 35 hp.

Really cheap additional 100 lbs of torque, which is what we drive.

Throw on a decent hybrid turbo and tune, you can get to 8-9 lbs/hp. Serious performance for not that much mod money.

HBEcoBeaST

Bringing back an old thread, but surprised no one brought up MPG here. We are comparing 4-cylinder turbo slow cars made fast. We want something 'fun' but affordable and semi-sensible. FoST owners only get average 18-19mpg, some slightly less. I can drive my FiST like a madman and still get 22mpg mostly city some highway. My normal average is 26mpg with 50%spirited/50%mostly legal driving. Freeway trips I average 28. I use 91 octane, KN drop in filter and I drive not so economy minded.

So I drove both, and on paper I though I'd go with the FoST. Figured the extra trunk space wouldn't hurt, considering I have to carry my work tools.

But the driving response of the FiST suited me more - reminded my of my old MR2's. I ended up hauling my tools to the dealer with my wife's van and loaded them into the trunk of a base Fiesta. Everything fit with a little room to spare (including a 16 foot collapsible ladder). My 22 foot modular ladder fits on the roof racks (it's around 6 feet tall when folded down), and I rarely need that.

Not to mention, I can fit two car seats in the back, unlike other popular autocrossers...