Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

IB6 gearbox fluid specs for NON USDM/NA market FiSTs??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do the; Brit/Euro/Antipodes/Asian/etc. market FiSTs spec a DIFFERENT gearbox fluid than the DCT stuff which is specced for the USDM/North American market FiSTs?? [dunno]

I ask because I want to switch to the Motul Gear 300 75W-90, but am a little hesitant due to it being SO different from the specced DCT stuff, both in viscosity, AND in actual composition/additives, and a fear that it could be either too thick for the synchros to function properly, OR that some element of the GL5 gear oil could actually be corrosive/harmful to any components in our Getrag gearboxes.

IF I knew FOR SURE that the reason Ford specced the DCT stuff for our manuals is ONLY because they wanted ONE tank of fluid on the assembly line (like other manufacturer's have admitted to), or in their dealerships, it would allay those fears.

I know MANY on here have tried the Gear 300 with much success, but just how LONG a period of time, or how high a mileage has been put on their gearboxes with this gear oil in them to know the LONG TERM effects? [???:)]

(Undoubtedly it protects the actual gears/bearings themselves better than the water-like DCT does, but what about the other components, LONG TERM, and proper synchro engagement viscosity/friction requirements?)

When I owned a 2012 mustang gt, Ford used DCT fluid in my manual gear box. Almost every racing shop used motul 300 fluid as a replacement. I hope this information puts you at ease.
Viscosity was significantly different along with some additives.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk