Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Centric rotors. Anyone have issues with them? Had one fail today.

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
lol I have ran these on many cars in past no issue and I'd order them again. Just never ran the high carbon. The failure rate is prob so damn low and could happen to any brand.

What is the deal with all of the scratches on the area that the rim is bolted to? Also the center hub area looks to be chewed up. ( not the actual rotor the black painted are).
It almost appears the rim wasn't bolted down correctly, and the rim/rotor was a little sloppy. If that was the case, I can see a side load on the rotor itself causing it to crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
P

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
What is the deal with all of the scratches on the area that the rim is bolted to? Also the center hub area looks to be chewed up. ( not the actual rotor the black painted are).
It almost appears the rim wasn't bolted down correctly, and the rim/rotor was a little sloppy. If that was the case, I can see a side load on the rotor itself causing it to crack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I'd suspect the rotor to wheel was sloppy after it broke and had to drive home on it causing the face to get some
Marks in it.

I have used Centric rotors for years with no issue.
When my brakes wore out on my FiST I decided to go with them again and wish I would have paid for OEM as Centrics have warped around 9k miles in. I have heard the FiST is hard on brakes so maybe that is why, but my stocks never had any issue. I know I will be going with Motorcraft on my next brake job.